PDA

View Full Version : we can still share patterns, but...

yatrgatr
11-30-2007, 05:56 PM
post no PTN's everything should be in MPW or anything but ptn. if you want to share a pattern.

liquidguitars
11-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Does this mean you will not unleash a fire ball from hell now? ;)

LG

yatrgatr
11-30-2007, 06:03 PM
7541test file share.

sorry form don't support MPW file format. any way we can change that?

pkunk
11-30-2007, 09:05 PM
7541test file share.

sorry form don't support MPW file format. any way we can change that?
I wonder why! :confused: I doubt it.:(

yatrgatr
11-30-2007, 09:35 PM
another forum test showed we can share MPW's so there should be no reason we can't use MPW's for sharing. unless LHR has control over that too.

pkunk
11-30-2007, 09:38 PM
another forum test showed we can share MPW's so there should be no reason we can't use MPW's for sharing. unless LHR has control over that too.
By email only, then.

Kenm810
12-01-2007, 09:42 AM
A few folks have been mentioning about being able to save or continue,
to use, edit, or share our .ptn files we should save them as mpw files.
I’m not that familiar with mpw files so I tried a forum search on them and got blocked.
-- just wondering why -- ??? http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Reset
12-01-2007, 10:30 AM
A few folks have been mentioning about being able to save or continue,
to use, edit, or share our .ptn files we should save them as mpw files.
I’m not that familiar with mpw files so I tried a forum search on them and got blocked.
-- just wondering why -- ??? http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

.mpw file format is what is used in the pattern editing software that is unlocked with the purchase of the probe. I wonder if this format was left editable to "encourage" purchasing the probe? It really bothers me to be thinking these thought about a company I felt was committed to it's customers. I really hope that I will be proven wrong for thinking this way, and this whole fiasco is just an unintentional programming "error" while intending to protect only those patterns offered in the Pattern Depot.

A search for mpw's, and well as ptn's yield the same results of being blocked... I believe it may have to do with the apostrophe in the search string. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatrgatr View Post

Originally Posted by pkunk
By email only, then.

Or somewhere else... :rolleyes:

Tommy

CustomWestCoast
12-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Does this mean I have to buy the probe to get the software just to edit patterns?

Router-Jim
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Tommy, maybe this is a blessing in disquise for a pattern developer like yourself. From what I'm reading it sounds like the majority of users are not going to upgrade and we will be looking for patterns compatable with the old version. Now just don't raise your prices because of that. :wink:

Dirtydan
12-04-2007, 09:09 PM
I've been trying to keep a copy of all the hopfully non-copyrighted patterns that have been uploaded to the forum. I know I don't have them all, but everyone is welcome to access the ones I've kept.

Just to to my website and click on "Gunnys Files". and then click on "CW user created files" and so on... All are savable to your computer...

See Attached Files.

Also, if any of you see a file that you know to be "Copyrighted" please let me know...

Enjoy