PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Depot and the CW Web Site

SharonBrown
11-30-2007, 04:26 PM
I know this is petty and isn't really about the software, but it ticks me off. In addition to apparently ignoring backward compatibility with the upgrade to support the new Pattern Depot, they have also ignored it on the Web pages for the PD.

I personally hate the interface on IE7 and refuse to upgrade. I'll bet there are still a lot of other people who haven't upgraded, either because they keep up with the changes or because they have also made a personal choice not to do so. But the Web designers for the PD pages couldn't be bothered to maintain even marginal backward compatibility. Instead they resort to throwing up an error box telling you "You should upgrade your copy of Internet Explorer" every time you open a new page within the PD area.

It's not that hard to maintain compatibility. The rest of their pages do an adequate, if not perfect, job of it. But they couldn't even copy the functional code for their top navigation links to the new pages. They may not intend it, but they are presenting an image of not caring enough about their customers to do it right.

Sharon

oldjoe
11-30-2007, 10:18 PM
I have posted on this subject before but I have been giving it more thought. And I have to admit I am going to wait to upgrade my software. I guess I don't understand all the reasoning behind what they are doing. Don't get me wrong I like CW and the support that they have given me in the past and I am sure will continue into the future. I am not very computer savvy and upgrading might set me back. But from what I understand and anyone can correct me if I am wrong but one of the reasons for the upgrade is so they can sell patterns and have a control over the licensing rights. I realize they have good intentions but it brings up and old saying. "Locks are for keeping honest people honest". I am sure that there are people out there that will find away around this software if they really want to. Beside I think the real crooks are more interested in your credit card number then they are in the patterns you are buying.
I may be old fashion on this but I believe that 99% of all the people on this forum or that own a CC machine are good hard working folks. All they really want to do is make some creative sawdust. They are not trying to make a fast easy buck or see what they can get for nothing. Sure there may be a few out there but the Majority of us are not that way. In away it kind of speaks of where our world is headed and how those few wreck it for the rest of us.
Sorry I was so long winded and I will climb off the soapbox now.