PDA

View Full Version : Machine won't go down when I turn handle???

Pianoman
11-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi guys-

I've only owned the compucarve for about a week now and carved 3 things. For some reason, when I go to crank it down after I load a piece of wood, it will not go down. It only clicks and wont move. However, it will move up. So I went all the way up hoping it would fix it maybe, but it did nothing and its stuck all the way up. It feels like maybe the gear is stripped out or something, and I for the life of me can;t get it to go down.

HELP???????

-Jordan

Kenm810
11-30-2007, 06:30 AM
If it is Vertical Lock Up these attachmented Photos should Help.
If it is a lube problem, clean and lube the 4 corner guide rods
and the two lift and lower adjustment threaded rods
that move the machines upper portion up and down.

Bubbabear
11-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Jordan not knowing where you are I cant say for sure but it has been discussed many times in here and i have experienced it personally. If it is to cold where you have your machine it will not crank down just click like it is putting proper board pressure. also may want to make sure the red safety handle that locks the head position is pushed in not pulled out. But temps is what i would check first

Craig

Pianoman
11-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Jordan not knowing where you are I cant say for sure but it has been discussed many times in here and i have experienced it personally. If it is to cold where you have your machine it will not crank down just click like it is putting proper board pressure. also may want to make sure the red safety handle that locks the head position is pushed in not pulled out. But temps is what i would check first

Craig

Well it is definitely the temps then. I have it in my insulated garage/workshop but I live in Northern Minnesota and the temp here is currently like 15 degrees outside. I heat my workshop only when I am out there, so that must be the cause of the problem.

Thanks!

Jeff_Birt
11-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Just give it a chance to warm up and you should be OK. Condensation could be a problem, but you'll have to see. My workshop is just a 1 car garage attached to my house. I have a 1500 watt oil filled space heater that I start up an hour or so before I want to work out there. It will bring the temp up to 55 degrees or so and the machine is happy (and so am I).