PDA

View Full Version : Replaced the Z Pack today

Ron Smith
11-29-2007, 08:56 PM
I received my new Z pack in the mail today and went ahead and installed it. I checked everything out and decided where to start. I took photos at every step to know how to put things back together. I called LHR to get some expert guidance, but the techs were busy when I called and I had to wait for a call back. I bravely took it upon myself to stumble ahead. I took it apart, took the cables loose, changed out the sensor board, replaced the Z pack and put it all back together. Just as I got it back together, I received my call back. The tech sent me the update for the Version 1.121 and a PDF for replacing the Z Pack. I went through the steps to restart the machine and got a "Z Stall" error. It seems I had one of the sensor cables in backwards. I changed it and it was fine. Here is the first quick project I made after the change. Looks like we're back in business. I'll make some more projects tomorrow and see if it's good to go. Thanks to you fellow members for your assistance in getting this changed out.

Ron

Bubbabear
11-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Nice looking piece and looks like it was great for a tester

oldjoe
11-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Great looking project. I know I was worried about changing my Z pack also but I just took my time pictures and advise from Al and did it myself, Now I am applying for a space shuttle repair job since I have the experience :rolleyes: