PDA

View Full Version : New Version Out

PsalteryDreams
11-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Went to check to see is maybe the patterns would be available through the software itself and there is a new version 1.123

You are currently running version 1.120 of the CarveWright Designer Software.

You require an update to version 1.123.

kwyjibo67
11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I just upgraded to 1.123, and after reading the release notes I see they have made changes to the licensing model for the new pattern library. It is asking me to register my software again, but the registration server is down for maintenance. Just wondering if everyone upgrading to the new version is having to re-register their software.

PsalteryDreams
11-28-2007, 10:49 PM
I am also unable to register the software. Maybe I should have waited to upgrade

swhitney
11-28-2007, 10:52 PM
A word of caution here.... The software says the user will be required to re-register. This is due to a new registration process with the software, which will allow patches to the program rather than a complete re-install for future updates (apparently)

hmmm ....

to be on the cutting edge of technology.... or obsolesence.... that is the question!!

PsalteryDreams
11-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Can I hope this version will crash to desktop less often?

mtylerfl
11-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Can I hope this version will crash to desktop less often?

Hello PsalteryDreams,

I've never had Designer crash. Both Dell XPS computers I have it running on use OS Widows XP Pro SP2, 1 GB RAM, 2.99 GHz and never had a problem. What OS are you using? (Vista??).

MajorHavoc
11-28-2007, 11:25 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
I cannot register either. The message that I get is:

"An invalid response was received from the registration server. Please contact CarveWright for a resolution of this issue."

Oh well, guess I'll have to try again in the morning.

sk8nmike
11-29-2007, 06:04 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
I cannot register either. The message that I get is:

"An invalid response was received from the registration server. Please contact CarveWright for a resolution of this issue."

Oh well, guess I'll have to try again in the morning.

Houston, We have a problem. Upgraded to the new software and now I'm dead in the water...

PsalteryDreams
11-29-2007, 06:16 AM
I tried to do the "register on another computer" by entering the web address http://register.carvewright.com and got a 404 error. They must not have the server set up correctly yet. Guess I should have uploaded my new projects to the card before upgrading.

Kenm810
11-29-2007, 06:45 AM
I always wait a few days or weeks before up grading the a new version of any software,
this cautious approach has saved my butt more the a few times.
We probable all have been burned one or twice by acting to soon, it's human nature I quess.
I know the new CW software will be Great, but if there are any hitches or problems wth up grading,
I want to read a few online comments or experiences with it first.

I have a back log of carving projects, some with deadlines.
So I don't want to take the risk of my software or machine being down for any length of time.
Just my thoughts. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

MajorHavoc
11-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Well, as of this morning I've been able to get further through the process but still am having a problem. This time it's after I choose the license(s) that I currently have. It asks that I confirm my password at this point and then gives the same response as before.

Has anyone gotten through the process yet? Just wondering if it is a select few who are having problems or pretty much everyone who tried to upgrade.

Rickrljones
11-29-2007, 07:56 AM
Installed the CW Designer 1.23, Noticed in the Pattern Library I have (2) Basic Folders with the same Patterns... Waiting to see what else may pop-up

Bubbabear
11-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Of course it dont want to work with Windows vista got big long error msg and it didnt install

Error msg is
MDAC2.7 sp1 cannot be installed on this machine MDAC2.7 sp1 requires one of the following comfigurations
microsoft 98 with y2k update 2 and IE 4.01 or later
MS millennium
MS nt sp5 or better
MS XP

my machine is is vista with 2 gigs ram

kwyjibo67
11-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Registering through the software gives a meaningless error message, so I tried through the web site. Looks like somebody forgot to set up the proper permissions on their file server. Here's what I get:

Warning: error_log(DEBUG_LOG) [function.error-log]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mwm/public_html_dir/live2/includes/common.inc on line 110

Warning: error_log(DEBUG_LOG) [function.error-log]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mwm/public_html_dir/live2/includes/common.inc on line 110

The following errors occured while processing your form input:

* Registration code generator failure 3! :: ''

PsalteryDreams
11-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Hello PsalteryDreams,

I've never had Designer crash. Both Dell XPS computers I have it running on use OS Widows XP Pro SP2, 1 GB RAM, 2.99 GHz and never had a problem. What OS are you using? (Vista??).

I am running WindowsXP on an Athalon64 3200 with 768 megs of ram. About every other import of a pattern it crashes to desktop. I need to upgrade my desktop I guess

Bubbabear
11-29-2007, 08:41 AM
psaltery have you kept your windows updates done on your XP sometimes if those arent kept up can cause issues

HighTechOkie
11-29-2007, 09:39 AM
I am running WindowsXP on an Athalon64 3200 with 768 megs of ram. About every other import of a pattern it crashes to desktop. I need to upgrade my desktop I guess

Are you running any antispyware software? If not, you should be. Webroot SpySweeper is one of the best. Do a full system scan. If the problem continues, report back.

Michigander
11-29-2007, 09:51 AM
It will be down untill 1pm (est) try registering software after that time.

MajorHavoc
11-29-2007, 10:49 AM
I finally got through.:D

natman
11-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Is the new version Vista compatible yet..Tried downloading earlier and would not accept it..

Bubbabear
11-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Is the new version Vista compatible yet..Tried downloading earlier and would not accept it..
didnt work for me tried to install and got errors and it restored my 1.20

MajorHavoc
11-29-2007, 03:35 PM
I am running Designer on Vista just fine on both my desktop and laptop.

Bubbabear
11-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Major are you running the new one that came out today or the older version. The older version works great on my vista but the new one didnt cut the mustard

PsalteryDreams
11-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Hello PsalteryDreams,

"I need to upgrade my desktop I guess"??

Never heard that terminology before - what does that mean? Doesn't make sense to me.

I meant my desktop PC, I have the design software on a Desktop PC and a laptop

Durtdawber
11-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Guys be careful on installing the new 1.123 version and then going back to 1.120. I did that and when I reinstalled 1.120, all of my pattern files were gone.

Jeff_Birt
11-29-2007, 04:33 PM
It just moves them to C:\Documents and Settings\user\CarveWright

Kenm810
11-29-2007, 04:45 PM
I keep a set of back ups on a couple different computers and read write disc just in case.
I've lost to many files over the years and learned my lesson. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Bubbabear
11-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Got the vista install instructions

download the new designer

then find the downloaded file right click on it and run as administrator

directly from Omar at LHR

Thanks Omar

if allowable i can post the full instructions he emailed me

mtylerfl
11-29-2007, 05:33 PM
I meant my desktop PC, I have the design software on a Desktop PC and a laptop

My brain's on ice today...should've figured out that's what you meant! Thanks for straightening me out!

rengaw
11-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Per Omar;

Go to http://www.carvewright.com/register.php, enter login and password,scroll to bottom of screen and click on "Download license file", save to a known folder,
browse to that folder and double click on the file.
Done!

Thanks again Omar!

Steve

Bubbabear
11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Omar busy guy this evening but dang he is doing so good :p

natman
11-29-2007, 06:06 PM
If I choose not to install new update and want to just buy the pattern will it work? Me and my computer are not the best of friends right now so I don't want to be messing around to much with it...

MajorHavoc
11-29-2007, 06:54 PM
After getting Designer working again (ver. 1.123 on Vista) I found another issue; centerline text isn't showing up anymore. I called this time and was told that this is a known issue and their engineers are working on it and to check back in the morning.

Almost there. If anyone can confirm the centerline issue is fixed once they find out, I would appreciate it if you would post the solution in here since I will not be able to call tomorrow. Thanks. :lol:

Bubbabear
11-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Major have you tried import license file from the help menu
that would be my best guess

ohhh yeah did you use the method i mentioned that Omar sent me

Rickrljones
11-29-2007, 08:27 PM
After installing Designer 1.23, Will this software recognize my PROBE? Did not see it listed in
license agreement, Does anyone now what they mean by Advance/Basci licenses are all about?
Rick

MajorHavoc
11-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Major have you tried import license file from the help menu
that would be my best guess

ohhh yeah did you use the method i mentioned that Omar sent me
Yes, I did try the method you described from Omar, but that did not work either. I could see that I have 2 licenses available for centerline but there was no link or information (serial numbers) about them like the other things that I have listed there.

Fortunately, I don't need centerline at this moment, so it's not a big deal. But I'd like to get this fixed before I do.

Durtdawber
11-29-2007, 10:30 PM
I had the same thing happen when I registered my probe. There was a radio button there that says "add license". I clicked on it then clicked on and update button and a license number appeared by the line with with my probe.

Don't know it this will help you but it did me.

rengaw
11-30-2007, 02:13 AM
The Centerline text works if you registered on the link posted above.

Steve

MajorHavoc
11-30-2007, 08:02 AM
I had the same thing happen when I registered my probe. There was a radio button there that says "add license". I clicked on it then clicked on and update button and a license number appeared by the line with with my probe.

Don't know it this will help you but it did me.
Durtdawber, this is exactly what you have to do to get the other licenses to work. I assumed that because my designer licenses were there before that the centerline should have been there as well. My mistake. Everything is working now.

Thanks for the assist.

pkunk
11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
I have a different situation happening. I sucessfully registered on my Mac the Basic, Beta (my centerline, etc), & pattern editor(probe). All seemed well until I tried to use the pattern editor. I get a pop up that says "You may<only> edit unlicensed patterns, which you have authored" and continues with that message even on patterns which I have authored. It obviousley has some glitches still. Glad I still have the use of 1.20!

Jeff_Birt
11-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Paul,

You have to create the pattern with 1.123 or else you can't edit it with 1.123. You won't be able to edit any of the 1.120 or older patterns with 1.123.