PDA

View Full Version : Length of board way off

joshjack
11-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I sure am glad this forum is here... I just started using my CW last week, yesterday was my 3rd carve and if you read my other post you'll know it didn't end well... However I noticed another problem yesterday during trials 2 & 3. I have a 24" X 6" board which was really 24X5.5. When the CW measured the board both times it got the width (5.5) acceptably close, however the length was measured both times (different boards) to be ~17.5". I looked in the manual and menu options for some calibration setting but could fine none. Anyone else having this problem?

J

joshjack
11-28-2007, 07:05 PM
:idea: Since the measurement was very nearly 7" off could this be caused by choosing "Stay under rollers" which requires 3.5" on each end? I assumed that I should leave 3.5" on each end in the design, but have the overall board length correct.

Comments?

Jeff_Birt
11-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Yes, when you select 'Stay Under Rollers' it will measure the board and report the 'working' length, which is the actual length minus 7".

Digitalwoodshop
11-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I think you have your answer in the 7 inch rule but as a habit I now place a strip of masking tape on every board in the roller area. No more stepping problems.

AL