PDA

View Full Version : New cut motor policy

mcanelly
11-28-2007, 03:16 PM
The cut motor on my 2nd machine failed yesterday, so I called LHR for a replacement. They called me back today and told me that I need to pay $152.00 for the new motor. My machine is still under warranty, however because in the past others haven't been returning the cut motor cores to LHR. They now charge for the motor and the core plus shipping. They said that when they recieve the cut motor core that they will give me a refund minus the $35.00 shipping. They just started doing this two weeks ago.
Cut motor= $77.00 Core= $40.00 Shipping= $35.00
I just wanted to let everyone know.
Jim

newcarver
11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I have had 3 cut motors go bad, the first one was picked up by ups within the next week, they never told me this was going to happen, after missing ups the first couple times we finaly met up and it was sent back. The next one i was told nothing about, period, not that is was to be picked up or sent back. The third one i was told ups was going to pick it up, never did, not a word.
My point is, with a bit more organization, maybe they would get more of them back. I sent the others back, out of my pocket. Did not have to, but i did. Who's responsibility is this, ours or theirs? I would simply like to know. Is it possible to tell us what our part of the deal is, before they start to charge due to not getting the old parts back.

Jeff_Birt
11-28-2007, 04:46 PM
It's fairly common for companies to block an amount on your credit card until you return a defective part. A friend of mine just had a cell phone battery replaced by Motorola in this manner. I'm glad they have a formal policy in place now to avoid the confusion that can happen as in Newcarver's case. Core charges are also very common.

Several months ago I saw a BUNCH of CW parts on EBay. It kind of seemed odd that the same person would have all these different CW parts to sell. I kind of suspected they were playing CW and claiming to have bad parts and then selling them on EBay. I bet this will put an end to that nonsense.