PDA

View Full Version : Text with a curved baseline

SharonBrown
11-28-2007, 01:04 PM
I need to do some text with a curved baseline to fit inside a curved "banner" space. I don't see any obvious way to do it in Designer. Clearly one way to do it is to create it in another program and import it as a bitmap pattern. But I want to be sure I'm not missing something, especially since I would prefer centerline text, which I presumably cannot do from a bitmap.

I would appreciate any tips or suggestions you might have. I'm thinking I might be able to approximate centerline text with shading, but have no clue (beyond the general "darker is deeper") of how shades of gray map to carving depth.

My graphic tool of choice is PSP9, which can do the curved text. I have only the two standard bits plus the 90-degree bit for centerline.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Sharon

pkunk
11-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Use the arc degree part of the text window.

Keenosan
11-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Sharon,

In the text pop-up box (where you type in the text that you want to use) near the center of the box there is a slider labeled "arc degrees." After you type in the text, watch it in the upper right box while you move the slider back and forth. I think that is what you need.

Kelly

Router-Jim
11-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Just to add what others have said about "arc degrees". You can use minus angles also. i.e. -35º

SharonBrown
11-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks to all who replied. I missed that in the software.