PDA

View Full Version : board size

potentialbuyer
11-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I see the CW is limited to 1/2" board size. I am thinking about getting a CW but I have a bunch of projects that will use 1/4 and 1/8 stock. Is it possible to use a larger base board and mount thinner stock to it somehow? Or are you stuck with 1/2 or larger stock?
Thanks

Jeff_Birt
11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Yes, you can mount you stock to a 'carrier board' or 'sled'. This enables cutting stock that is thin or irregular shaped. A 'carrier board' is simply of piece of plywood or other substrate to which you fix you stock with an 3.5" wide 'end board' on each end. The 'end board' adds the needed 3.5" on each side of the project to keep it under the rollers. A sled is similar but has 'side rails'. You can use the 'Search' function in the red tool bar near the top of the screen to fins out even more about them. Search for 'sled' and 'carrier board'.

potentialbuyer
11-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the quick answer, I tried the search first but didn't know what to search for. I will have a look at sleds.

pkunk
11-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I see the CW is limited to 1/2" board size. I am thinking about getting a CW but I have a bunch of projects that will use 1/4 and 1/8 stock. Is it possible to use a larger base board and mount thinner stock to it somehow? Or are you stuck with 1/2 or larger stock?
Thanks
Yes. Search "sled" ;)