PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Software on XP Pro 64 bit OS

lensmen2
11-27-2007, 09:14 PM
I downloaded the demo software last night and ran it.. What was to happen..? Where do I see it or use it.? It shows up nowhere. Is a 64 bit OS a kiss of death for Carvrwright..? Am I doomed to go backwards to XP Pro (I sure in hell wont go forward to Vista).. Any ideas..? Hmmmm, I see the Spell Checker here also has probs.

Dale in Anaheim
11-28-2007, 11:34 AM
I run MS Windows XP Pro 64 bit edition successfully with the carvewright software. I even have the carve better pattern editor working on that version of the MS OS thanks to the kindness of Jeff Birt and his willingness to be of assistance.

At this point neither application appears to have any issues running on the 64 bit OS.

Did you get an error message while setup was running? With more detail, we might be able to help you figure out what is going wrong.

Dale

lensmen2
11-28-2007, 02:09 PM
I had no error messages pop up during the install after downloading the 60+mb demo file. I was curious as to where it was to 'land' with in the CarveWright program - how do we access it or envoke it's powers, so to say.. As a cruse around within the running CarveWright program I find nada showing where the Centerline addition is. I have also paid for the working version but as of yet recieved no - key - to un-lock the demo, but it's a moot point not seeing it anyway..

Jeff_Birt
11-28-2007, 02:18 PM
When you enter the key for centerline it will show up in the Pop-Up box for entering text. (Lower right corner, you will have three options). Take a look at the Help file included with Designer, it does a fairly good job of covering the basics.