PDA

View Full Version : close cover error

jimnjenny
11-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I didnt have this problem yesterday. I tightened the screws on the right side and the machine quit giving me "check out motor". Today its telling me to close the cover. I thought maybe one of the screws got loose again. I turned it and it keeps turning. I screwed it all the way out to make sure it wasnt broke and it was fine. Ive put it back in and the screw keeps turning. I'm afraid to take the lid off. I dont want to void my warranty. I checked the sensor and it wont show it closed. Any ideas? I read another post about removing a white ribbon, but sounded like that had to do with the probe. Jenny

Digitalwoodshop
11-25-2007, 07:23 PM
The wires on the end of the cover switch plug into a circuit board in the back and the plug is loose or out.

AL

jimnjenny
11-25-2007, 09:06 PM
thanks Al, I unscrewed the front right side and cleaned all of the sawdust out and made sure the connections were snug and it worked. Thank you for your help. Jenny

Jeff_Birt
11-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Jenny, you'll find that a clean machine is a happy machine. An air compressor and shop vac (or DC system) are great additions to your CW to help keep it clean.

TIMCOSBY
11-26-2007, 09:23 PM
the ones on the left sensor too. that is the closed cover switch the one on the right is the cut motor.