PDA

View Full Version : Clipping pattern

jimnjenny
11-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I want to cut out an oval, put some filigree around it on the outside hanging to the inside. Can I do this and do I clip exclusive or inclusive. If I clip inclusive, the filigree disappears or it might be other way around, in either case, I want the complete filigree, but clipped on the inside. Do I outline the oval to be cut out? or do I put in the filigree then put in a line between them to be cut out? THanks, Jenny

IM2HAPPI
11-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Thinking Michael from Carvebuddy did his Momma kitchen like what you are wanting to do. I have never done anything like that so maybe ask him. Sorry
Barb

jimnjenny
11-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Good Morning Barb, thanks for letting me know. its probably a little more expertise then Im ready for, I just cant figure out this clip carving thing. Is the pattern supposed to disappear when you clip it inclusive? Jenny

IM2HAPPI
11-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Whats your take on this seeings I havent done one yet ?

TIMCOSBY
11-26-2007, 08:58 PM
someone else did this one can't remember who to give credit where credit is due.

carve well but the lion tails are fragile hangin out there i ended up cutting the rounded part of the tail off.

Lin
11-27-2007, 04:49 AM
Jenny, Download the tips at this link from Michael and go thru them. It will help out with what you are trying to acheive.
Lin

http://carvewright.com/tips.html