PDA

View Full Version : artcam rlf files

TIMCOSBY
11-25-2007, 03:09 AM
is there a converter to convert them to jpeg or png?

Keenosan
11-25-2007, 03:20 AM
Tim,

The only way that I have been able to do it is to convert the relief to greyscale, save it as a gif or tif, then open it in Corel Photopaint (or Adobe or any other good paint program) then save it as a png. I usually remove the background in Photopaint while I'm at it.

Kelly

TIMCOSBY
11-25-2007, 10:06 PM
i have nothing that will open the rlf file. i was hoping there was a conversion program somewhere.

jlitz
11-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I've been looking at ArtCam recently, though the demo versions are largely useless for testing since save/export is disabled.

I looked at a few sample .RLF files recently. The format appears relatively easy to convert. Though, the depth data appears to be 16bit in my samples. Thus, the depth data would have to be sampled down to 8bit, as well as applying the appropriate x-y scale since the carvewright is expecting an x-y resolution of 1/128".

I wish Designer could import 16bit channel TIFFs. The depth data stored on the flash card is 12bit over 2". Though, carving that deep has technical issues (carving surface limitation on the bits, physical obstructions such as the chuck, various firmware issues start to appear around 1.25", etc.). Anyway, it would be nice to have exact control over the 11bits for the 0.75" to 1.0" range.