PDA

View Full Version : Sears?

JohnStimson
11-23-2007, 03:53 PM
When did Sears stop selling the compu carve and why?

What are the Differences between the compucarve and the carvewright?

Thanks

Kenm810
11-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Hi John,

Seem no one told the folks at are local sears store.
They still have the unit and display up in the tool dept
and the machine and and its accessories are still listed at their
online site as a matter of fact it's on sale today for $1599.99

as for the Carvewright and Compucarve, both machines are the same and from LHR Ind.
that does the service on both.

HighTechOkie
11-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Here is the Sears CompuCarve for $1519.99 (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00921754000P?keyword=compucarve) at sears.com Not sure where you got your info, but it appears Sears is still selling the CompuCarve, due to stock, it may be unavailable as in "out of stock", not "not for sale."

RanUtah
11-23-2007, 06:49 PM
On sale here today for that same price!

JohnStimson
11-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks.

The page I found before was this one

http://reviews.sears.com/2328/00921754000/reviews.htm

Which led me to believe that Sears had dropped this product. Your link contradicts teh page I foune at Sears.

Digitalwoodshop
11-23-2007, 09:41 PM
John,

LHR designed and built the machine and sell it under CarveWright. They struck a sweetheart deal with Sears to sell the machine. Nothing like having a complete distribution system available in record time.

Availability is up to the production goals and shipping getting them into the country. Sears markets many tools and products like this with there name on them.

I saw the link you posted and I just think they closed the feedback/review forum for what ever reason.

Your reading the best place to get a feel for the machine and ask questions. We as a Community of dedicated and (most of the time) happy users, are hear to help each other. This is not a place to throw mud. I know that was not your intension, you asked a valid question.

Welcome to the forum.

AL Happy owner of 2 machines.

Jeff_Birt
11-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah, it looks like Sears 'lost' all the reviews on all tools (I looked at six or seven different tools). Some of the reviews were helpful, some were just plain silly though. I remember one review for the CW that was something like "Oh my god, it was so loud I had to return it." Obviously a poor soul who had never run a hand router or other power tool, and thought the CW was a 'wood printer' or something.

I general I read reviews if they are available for a product before I buy it but have learned to take them with a grain of salt as some folks just seem to get their jollies out of trashing things in reviews.