PDA

View Full Version : Cutting truck doesnt stop

jimnjenny
11-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi guys, my cutting truck isnt stopping when I open the cover. The machine stops but the truck keeps moving till it loses momentum. Help!!! Jenny

Jeff_Birt
11-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Do you mean it quits moving back and forth but the bit spins for a second?

jimnjenny
11-23-2007, 03:22 PM
no the whole thing keeps moving back and forth and the bit keeps spinning

jimnjenny
11-23-2007, 03:26 PM
i just opened the cover and it kept moving, gave me a z axis stall, error 236

jimnjenny
11-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Jeff the plate that pops out that the truck taps the bit on wont come out all the way either, it comes out about 50% of the time

Digitalwoodshop
11-23-2007, 03:47 PM
You need to go to options and look at the left cover switch and see if it is working. The right cover switch turns off the power to the cut motor and is not tested by options.

Call LHR soon.... Don't get hurt.

AL

jimnjenny
11-23-2007, 03:54 PM
ok, ill check it now, thank you

jimnjenny
11-23-2007, 04:05 PM
I checked it, at first it didnt want to switch from open to closed, stayed on open even when it closed, but now it seems to be switching ok. I'm also getting a check motor message but apparently I need to get a volt meter to see if the right side is working?? Do i put the meter on the screws under the right side door? Jenny

jimnjenny
11-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi, I have a volt meter now, its ac/dc and i dont know which side to use or which setting (i.e. x10 x1k, 0.5, 50 250) I called LHR just a few minutes to 4 my time, but I think its probably 6pm where they are, so if somebody doesnt know what Im supposed to do, i wont get to use my machine this weekend and Ive figured out so much the last couple of days. Oh well, if i cant use the machine, I guess I can do my laundry and dust and mop. :( Jenny

IM2HAPPI
11-24-2007, 01:58 AM
Sorry about LOL but I have been working my butt off this past week waiting for my arrival of keypad. Windows, moped, dusted was like hurry hurry will be here anytime lol
Barb

TIMCOSBY
11-24-2007, 03:12 AM
tighten the two screws under the switch down just a little. carefull not to strip them.

jimnjenny
11-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Ok, i tightened them, the one on the right side was pretty loose, but when I opened the lid the truck kept moving. If I use the stop button, it stops so for now I'll do it that way. I guess LHR isnt available on Saturday. I dont want to burn up my motor. Hubby is telling me to pack it up and take it back. I havent had one decent project since I got the machine. This check out motor issue worries me, but when I talked to LHR about it, he said it wasnt going to hurt my machine but I've read posts about it and that it could burn up the bearings and other stuff. I needed a volt meter to check something and I just got one last night but dont know what to do with it. So Ill just have to wait. I really want this machine to work for me, but for two grand, it needs to work without problems.

Hey Barb, thanks for the post. This designer and machine are just all too consuming and the more I work with it, the more ideas I get and the more ideas I get the more worn out I get....LOL, my brain never stops, but my body yells SSSTTTTOOOOOOOOOPPPPPP!!! lol