PDA

View Full Version : c/w pattern depot

upcedar
11-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Hey folks, I got a e-mail from C/W last week that there going to set-up a pattern depot, anybody now were's to look! Best Rick

Dan-Woodman
11-23-2007, 10:53 AM
should be on there website.

Kenm810
11-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi upcedar,

This is one I posted in Gallery-- If you haven't seen to Nov new letter (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5100)

upcedar
11-23-2007, 12:58 PM
I found it, will have to wait to 11/28 for it's release. It's just going to get better... Rick :D

Paul Brown
11-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Doe's anyone mention a price? I'm sure it's not gonna be free?

Digitalwoodshop
11-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Ho Ho Ho....

AL

IM2HAPPI
11-24-2007, 01:52 AM
I was wondering how the "Try before you buy" was going to work. Play with it in Designer than need a code before you can upload ? Guess we will see soon.
Barb

Jeff_Birt
11-24-2007, 11:05 PM
I have gotten a kick out CW naming it the 'CarveWright Pattern Depot'. Could it be that they are playing of of our very own 'Pattern Sharing Depot' in the Gallery Forum? Perhaps they are hoping the name recognition will play with the CW community. (132,000 + views since January of this year).

Gosh, maybe I should have copyrighted the name? ;)

The 'try it before you buy it' is a great idea. A real asset to CW users if you can see what it looks like in Designer before deciding to plop down their money.

cajunpen
11-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I think you might be right Jeff. I bet you'll be able to open in in Desinger and play around with it - but you will probably not be able to upload it to the card until after it's been paid for. It's a great idea though.

liquidguitars
11-25-2007, 11:49 AM
The 'try it before you buy it' is a great idea. A real asset to CW users if you can see what it looks like in Designer before deciding to plop down their money.

I thought that was what free samples are for.. Anyway good idea.

LG

oldjoe
11-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Good idea I just hope that the try it before you buy it isn't there so you can go out and arrange financing in order to buy a pattern. LOL
I guess we will just have wait and see how it works. And I hope they email you the key and not have to call them to get it. That way you can work on Sundays and late night.

oldjoe
11-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Okay today is the 28th where is it?? Or do I need stonger glasses again.

Durtdawber
11-28-2007, 12:55 PM
They posted in a different area that it will be live at 6 pm today.

oldjoe
11-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the update Mr D.
Oh boy I can hardly wait to see what they have. I'm like a kid with a $5 bill just burning a hole in his pocket.

Hexe SA
11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the update Mr D.
Oh boy I can hardly wait to see what they have. I'm like a kid with a $5 bill just burning a hole in his pocket.

It is now 6:30 pm CST, did I miss something or are we having technical difficulties?

STEAM
11-28-2007, 07:04 PM
It is now 6:30 pm CST, did I miss something or are we having technical difficulties?

:confused: It's now 7 pm CST. I'm still looking and don't see it either. Why does this kinda feel like standing outside Wal**** waiting for the big Christmas sale to start?

b.sumner47
11-28-2007, 07:35 PM
It's 8:30est.Whats up? Capt.Barry

oldjoe
11-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Okay where is it also they just posted in the forum about how they will be charging a core charge on cut motors. If it is under werantee they will charge you $117 until they get the old one back then they will issue a credit for the full amount if you are not under warrantee then you will be charged $117 and get a $40 credit when they get the core back. I wonder if they will be selling the rebuilt cut motors cheaper then the new ones. Kind of like the way car startes work. It makes sense in some ways but not total sense.

natman
11-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Are we missing something or are they a few hours off?

Hexe SA
11-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Are we missing something or are they a few hours off?

I checked, San Antonio and Houston are in the same time zone being 3 hour drive appart and in the same state. Guess something went wrong. Sofar they always came thru even if it is a little late. Oh the agony of wait.

Michigander
11-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Remember one thing out there patients is a virtue

PsalteryDreams
11-28-2007, 10:13 PM
You are currently running version 1.120 of the CarveWright Designer Software.

You require an update to version 1.123.

PsalteryDreams
11-28-2007, 10:24 PM
21 Nov 2007 -- Differences between versions 1.123 and 1.120
* Updated licensing model to support new pattern libraries
* Added options to remember license server login information
* Added new icons for different file types support by the Designer
* Added support for new hardware revisions
* Added ability projects to remember stain and finish
* Added ability to set a default stain and finish for new projects
* Added checks on max carving depth and max cut through for machine protection
* Added file associations for MPL (license files), MPN (pattern collections),
PTN (pattern files), MPW (pattern editor artwork files),
and MWM (CarveWright firmware files)
* Added ability to replace default firmware
* Added new Pattern Depot icon on toolbar and help menu, which will open
the new CarveWright Pattern Depot store in your web browser
* Added "Show Licenses" option to Help menu
* Made "Jog To Touch", "Sleep Time", and "Scanner Type" options persistent
* Improved registration wizard
* Improved cutmotor error detection logic
* Improved measurement sequencing
* Updated installation package, future updates should require only a patch
* Updated included Flash Player to version 9 (Windows only)
* Fixed slow motion during measure back edge bug
* Fixed bug preventing import of patterns whose name included apostrophes
* Fixed bug preventing import of large scans or images

TIMCOSBY
11-28-2007, 11:34 PM
the large scan bug.

jblues71
11-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Hope no one is having the same problem as me. "new update, download, install, register again?, NOT," so now i get to uninstall for now and reinstall the old one. Hopefully. Something about the registration server is down. Oh well back to work i go.

oldjoe
11-29-2007, 07:00 AM
Is there more patterns then the 20 or so that I saw this morning. I know I was having problems with Internet Explorer so I will try when I get home.
And what is this about 1.123 do you need it or not and if you get it do you have to flash the firmware on your card. Boy this is getting too confusing for my simple mind.
Also noticed that CW Pattern depot is giving a plug to Vector Art 3d but what about Carvebuddy and all of the others. And from what I was able to see of the patterns looks like some already in the Library that came with the machine.
These are things that just crossed my mind when I look at it this morning but I have not had coffee yet.

jblues71
11-29-2007, 07:14 AM
There are more look at the top left hand corner, above the patterns there are page numbers. They are ok, but i am not sure about the prices. $10-$75 so far. I ran out of time to look, got to go to work.

TerryT
11-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Looks like you need the new software upgrade to use their patterns. I did the "try it" thing and designer did not recognise it as a pattern. The patterns won't work with Jeff's CBPE program either.

upcedar
11-29-2007, 08:57 AM
the pattern depot is online, a little costly but if there good cut's it's worth it. I was hoping 2.49 a file and 3 for $6, but this will work, don't need them all! Rick

HighTechOkie
11-29-2007, 10:15 AM
It looks like CW has 100 patterns and they carry the VectorArt3D catalog also. The prices for the CW patterns are reasonable $7, $10, $15, $20, $25 and $30. For the VA3D patterns, I would recommend purchasing direct from VA3D. The main reason is supporting the artist(s) directly vs going through an affiliate (CW's pattern depot). I personally find VA3D's catalog on thier site to be nicely organized and its easier to see the pattern detail.

Some improvements:
1. Organize patterns into categories
2. Use a lighter colored wood for thumbnail images. Shadows on dark wood are difficult to see, thus the detail is harder to see.
3. Maybe allow independant or other third party pattern designers to offer thier designs trhough the Pattern Depot. Obviously, CW would have expenses that would be passed on to the pattern designer for credit card processing, store maintenance/upkeek, etc.

Over the past several months, we have seen a few talented people offer their creative talents for reasonable prices. I really like the idea of "try it" so one can determine if a pattern will work for a particular project after it is scaled and placed. In my opinion though, CarveWright needs to stay focused on improving Designer and the machine itself, rather than divert resources to areas that are fullfilled by artists whom probably have better skills than the pattern designers CW employs.

oldjoe
11-29-2007, 11:26 AM
HTO
You make very good points one thing about the CW patterns I am allittle uncomfortable about is that you need to download an upgrade to the Designer software to use there patterns and I am not sure it is worth it. So far I have been fairly satisfied with the current version. And like one gentleman on the forum said he likes to wait until the bugs are worked out of the new software before he uses it. And I plan on doing the same.
Question I now have is I was going to purchase some patterns from Vector so have they changed their format so you have to have the new upgrade. I would rather get them somewhere else because of the price but no one has the patterns I am looking for.

RanUtah
11-29-2007, 12:03 PM
The prices seem high to me but I can see charging more for a complicated pattern but $75.00 dollars? Plus I can't see all the patterns, nothing after page 4 and I keep getting a window popping up saying I need to upgrade Internet Explorer. What gives? Hopefully someone from LHR would come on and explain.

Bubbabear
11-29-2007, 03:29 PM
I personally see me doing very little pattern purchasing of patterns as i think anything over $25.00 is wrong. for $75.00 they should carve it and finish it for you and then send you the pattern too

mtylerfl
11-29-2007, 05:35 PM
...but no one has the patterns I am looking for.

Hello oldjoe,

What patterns are you looking for?

RanUtah
11-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Well I upgraded to IE 7 and now everything on the pattern depot page works....amazing.

JOHNB
11-29-2007, 09:42 PM
looks like cw and vectorart are gonna merge?

oldjoe
11-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Mike glad you asked I am looking for something similar to the Happy Cat or a playfull kitten, the golfer, and a loon will do for now. Vector has them. But if you think you can come up with something similar just let me know I will hold off on my purchase for awhile longer.
Thanks Joe

swhitney
11-30-2007, 08:49 AM
looks like cw and vectorart are gonna merge?

Don't think so, just a business arrangement which is apparently available to any qualifying pattern producer. I believe another supplier will be showing up shortly either by the purchase and redistribution through CarveWright, or as a separate listing (e.g. VectoArt). (got an e-mail directly from this party)