PDA

View Full Version : Machine keeps running the board out

Chandi
11-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi all,

I have another problem. Whenever I try to do a cross-cut or even just a carving, the machine grabs the board and rolls it right out, never cutting or carving on it. What might cause that, and how do I fix it? I'm using the compucard, not the menu-setup on the machine, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Digitalwoodshop
11-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Main reason is using a board thinner than 3/4 of an inch..... A 1/2 inch board will sometimes work but thinner than that and the board detector See's the sand paper belt and never detects the end of the board. The board detector looks at the top of the board seeing the reflected light and when it ends the photo detector now shines toward the belt and like shining a flashlight into the air, nothing to reflect the light back to you.

That is how it detects the end of the board. It also looks at the roller if it is compressed and as the board end pass the roller becomes uncompressed telling the photo detector to stand by for the end of the board.... Without the roller switch uncompressing the computer never looks at the photo detector and the board drives right out.

AL

liquidguitars
11-22-2007, 11:04 AM
you have dirt in one of your rollers sensors. look on the key pad, hit 07 then jog down to see if you have a compressed roller. If compressed you could have to remove the key pad side panal to clean.

LG