PDA

View Full Version : is this possible

Ron
11-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Hey all,I am making a coatrack for the shop out of a pattern i found in the forums
it's the metal look ,cant remember what you call it.Is it possible to put this background into
designer and use it as one of the wood types in board settings or if i scanned one??

mtylerfl
11-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Hey all,I am making a coatrack for the shop out of a pattern i found in the forums
it's the metal look ,cant remember what you call it.Is it possible to put this background into
designer and use it as one of the wood types in board settings or if i scanned one??

Hello Ron,

You can make a custom "wood type" board background by creating a jpg out of your "metal", sized at 512 x 512 pixels.

Then save the jpg to the "woods1" folder (normally found at C:\Program Files\CarveWright\woods1)

The name of the jpg must conform to the naming convention of the jpg's already in the folder. For instance, you could name your metal background something like "Pine_Metal.jpg" and then the "metal" background would appear in Designer under your 'Edit/Board Settings/Stain/Finish/Pine' menu.

Keep in mind that 'wood type' custom board backgrounds are only visual, it does not carve anything.

Ron
11-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Thank you very much ill give it a try

JOHNB
11-22-2007, 08:51 AM
hey ron, this one would be better. heheh

Kenm810
11-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey Ron,

Often I'm always in a rush to get things done, You know, that instant gratification feeling --- So.
When ever I need or want an element from a existing mpc file,
I just open its cut list and copy the item I want and past it into my new project.
That way it will always be available to me without cluttering up my back ground files.

Ron
11-22-2007, 09:33 AM
kenm810,
Is there a way i can put that into my library i suppose it has to be a ptn. to do that huh?? Looks like there is one Ford fan left out there??lol

Jeff_Birt
11-22-2007, 09:47 AM
MPC files and PTN files are diffrent beasts, you cannot save an MPC to the Pattern library. It would be possible to extract a pattern that was used on an MPC (all the data is there) but there is no function in Designer to do so.