PDA

View Full Version : Part fell out

PsalteryDreams
11-18-2007, 07:34 PM
I was carving something today (just received my Sears Cumpucarve on Wednesday ) and a piece of plastic fell off I don't know where it came from and dont know if i should worry about it can anyone identify this for me?

Jeff_Birt
11-18-2007, 07:41 PM
That is the back cover to the board sensor. The board sensor is attached to the bottom of the Y-truck. Their is a good picture of its location towards the back of the users manual. The cover helps to hold the IR LEDs and photo-diode (the guts of the sensor) in place. You should probably give CW a call tomorrow and explain the situation. I bet they will send you a new sensor. You can install it in about 10 minutes with a stubby Phillips screwdriver.

PsalteryDreams
11-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I called the tech support line and was told that a tech would call me back but no call as of yet. Can I put it back on? (only one of the three tabs that keep it on broke off) I don't see a plastic window to keep dust out of it. Can I still use the machine with it like this?

Jeff_Birt
11-20-2007, 01:19 PM
You can remove the two screws that hold the sensor in place, pull the sensor down gently about 1" and then reinstall the cover. You can run the machine without the clear cover in place bu tyou will need to blow out the sensor after each use. You can also cut a new window out of the clear plastic from blister packed items.

JOHNB
11-20-2007, 01:30 PM
don't blow it out unless it gives you a clear board sensor.