PDA

View Full Version : Y Axis Stall

Bernard Jarvis
11-18-2007, 07:24 PM
I have just got about 7 hours of running time on my machine, wonderful thing it is, except all the adjustments and tweaking it, I have run into a Y Axis stall. I gave my machine Saturday off and Sunday evening I went to carve a peice amd noticed that my bit was not spinning. Have read most of the threads and can't find one to match.

Thanks From the Newb....

Jeff_Birt
11-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Does the cut motor turn on? When you spin the chuck by hand do you feel resistance?

Bernard Jarvis
11-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Wow, I thought that I would jsut look and bam, a reply. Yeah it has some resistance..

Jeff_Birt
11-18-2007, 07:33 PM
When you spin the chuck by hand you should feel a kind of 'wump wump' as your spinning the flex shaft and cut motor too, it will have a 'springy' feel. Does your cut motor turn on.

Bernard Jarvis
11-18-2007, 07:38 PM
When it starts the project it acts as though it is I mean it is as loud as if it were in full operation, exept that the bit is being dragged, and not spinning. As for the chuck when I spinn it it feels like a winding spring.

Jeff_Birt
11-18-2007, 07:44 PM
It sounds like a problem with you flex cable. Turn the machine on press '0' then '7' (the sensor test menu). Scroll until you see a screen that says something like 'RPM sensor'. Spin the chuck and watch the display. Does it change?

Bernard Jarvis
11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't have that option

Jeff_Birt
11-18-2007, 08:01 PM
What option? The 'RPM sensor', it may be something like 'motor speed', aw heck let me go check.....

OK, I'm back...it's called 'Cut sensor'. Does it count up as you spin the chuck?

You might want to pull the flex shaft and make sure the flex cable is fully inserted into the motor.

Bernard Jarvis
11-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks, you've been really helpful. I am truly a newb. How do I do that, pull the flex. amd then make sure that it is in the motor?

Bernard Jarvis
11-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Well I have pulled out and have spun it by hand and the sensor picks up the spiining, but when I reinsert it into the tool, it does not registar the rotations of the chuck

TIMCOSBY
11-18-2007, 09:52 PM
it may not be fully seated you have to push it in pretty hard and its harder to get out to so if it came out easily its not all the way in.

Jeff_Birt
11-18-2007, 10:07 PM
When you are installing the flex cable into the flex shaft, rotate it a bit until you feel it 'snap' into position. When inserting the flex shaft into the Z-truck 'top-hat' start it down into position and while pushing down gently rotate the chuck. You will feel the cable snap into the chuck. The shoulder of the flex shaft should be flush with the 'top hat'.

Bernard Jarvis
11-18-2007, 10:09 PM
I've been trying to do just that, but each time I get it in, I get one turn and then I can feel it give again, as if it were pulling out after being snapped in place

Bernard Jarvis
11-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah I have done it a few times now and it seems that its in the motor when I go to insert it, but when i go to push it down it comes out of the motor.....