PDA

View Full Version : Parts list and availability in on-line store

swhitney
11-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I am curious how many CC & CW owners would like to have a parts list, and/or exploded view of the machine (not like Ken's exploded view!!) and have the ability to order parts on-line through the "store".

As many of us "yearlings" pass into that uncharted "out-of-warranty" territory, it would be very handy (and proactive on LHR's part) to be able to use the on-line store for the replacement parts we know we need. This could possibly lessen the time spent on the busy LHR phone system as well.

This is my two-bits worth. What do you think???

Bubbabear
11-18-2007, 12:56 PM
They may would rather to hear us have heart attacks and hit the floor when we hear them tell us the price :smile: and we start thinking we would be cheaper too purchase a new machine

Kenm810
11-18-2007, 01:01 PM
I would really look forward to a part list and to have a Parts Department in the on line store at CW for parts and add on’s.
I’m sure you know my Exploded View was born of frustration,
as I dearly love tinkering with my carving machine, and try all kinds of modification on it,
But always in fear of possibly voiding the warranty.
Now that it’s about to expire, and I will be reasonable for the cost of parts, plus shipping to and from Texas.
I would like to have the choice of at least trying to replace a few of the worn or broken parts.
I also feel a standardized parts list would go a long way towards everyone using the proper
names and numbers for each part that make up the CW and CC machines. --- Just my thoughts

jwhllh55
11-18-2007, 01:33 PM
As a number two machine owner, I agree with Ken. A parts list with names and prices would make repairs and understanding how the machine works, would be a big step in the right direction for more users. Like any new tool, the learning the in's and out's is a must. By knowing what is expected and what part should do what, a new opertator/owner, can and will be alot happier. So, a parts list is on the top of my list to get once it's online.
Thanks,
John Hammett

Jeff_Birt
11-18-2007, 02:43 PM
FWIW folks, the moderators have also brought up the issue of an exploded view diagram with CW. Hopefully, they will get one out to all of us.

swhitney
11-18-2007, 03:40 PM
I appreciate the fact that the moderators have asked for this... and now the commoners are asking... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler
11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I guess this means everybody got tired of asking for a manual and are now willing to settle for a bit less.

I still want the manual, after I get the parts list.

T

Deolman
11-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Gosh 100% voted yes, but only 18 have voted? Where is everybody??? Not only would I like to have a parts breakdown with prices, I would like to have a maintenence manual as well. Especially if it showed me preventative procedures. Also a list of items most likey to break and have on hand as well. If there was a way I could assist in getting this done, I would do that as well. In the meantime, I am sure there are more than 18 people who get on this forum - please vote.

royerm
11-19-2007, 05:12 AM
Would be nice indeed to have the diagram....My claim is , it would be nice also if they would ship to Canada:cry:

scw
11-19-2007, 05:50 AM
A parts list is an essential document to any mechanical device!
LHR/Carvewright is a growing company with many modifications coming along for the machine and they have their reasons for not posting an exploded view...BUT, in the age of the internet it would not be difficult to keep an updated list of available parts accessible on the company web site.

The "DH"
11-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Hi everyone,
I just started posting replies on the forum although I have read it almost everyday since Jan. I just purchased my second machine two weeks ago and out of frustration for the lack of a parts list and exploded view; I took my entire machine apart including the cut motor to figure everything out. I'm now waiting for replacement parts to bring my 1st machine up to mint condition again. Another frustration (and need for a parts list) is when talking to LHR and trying to figure out the proper name for a part!!!! I've been through it three times and played phone tag over several days.
I have to say though for the most part I'm very satisfied with my machines and LHRs customer service. I have been able to conduct all repairs myself with the help of the forum and customer service and I've3 made many over the last 8 months....

swhitney
11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Hmmmm..... 42 Yea's and 0 nay's at this time. Do ya think it would be a GREAT idea to have this available????!!!!! Let's hear your vote, and hopefully the great CW/CC folks will hear us and respond!!

chipseverywhere
11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
you got my vote it would be a big help

Donboy
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I sure would like a parts list. It would sure help me and a lot of folks identify what a part is called. The old picture is worth a thousand words sure holds true. Pictures and parts numbers would be a great idea.When I ordered my CarveWright I really thought it was a Sears item. So when it came I looked for the parts list......still looking. A parts list gets my vote.

newcarver
11-20-2007, 07:02 AM
While i know every part just about already, it would only make sense that the natural progression would call for a parts list and diagram. It will help anyone who owns the machine.

Kenm810
11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
The frustration can often be felt on both ends of the phone line, when a person is trying to explain or describe a wanted / needed part or mechanism, while the person on the other end of the phone line is trying to figure out what the first person is talking about. – ugh

For several years one of my many jobs was running the parts department for our families wholesale plumbing and heating supply co. Every thing from commercial boilers and parts to powder room faucet stem “O” rings, plus tens of thousands of other parts and lists that had to be up dated each month as new models and products became included with our monsters inventory. Now you have to remember this was years before anyone had heard of what we call computers.
But we managed with our pencils, pens and at the time 2 State of the Art Underwood Type Writers to have current lists, with price changes by the first of every month, for every item or part we sold, --- for fifteen years.

I’m sure there are many other stories along these same lines out there. --- I’m also sure LHR will come though for all of us.

blackshamrock
12-13-2008, 08:48 AM
I have been reading the forum and I really agree with having the parts list and diagram. I probably have over a 100g in my shop ranging from throw away asian imports for the seldom use jobs, to the high end cadilacs I use on a regular basis. Carvewright may be the only tool I recall that hasn't included either. Kind of makes sense to me if you had a list you could order the part you required and it would lessen the frustration meter. And oh what a convenience to be able to order that part online. I prefer not to spend my time on the phone when, with other products I can do it electronically outside of my work hours. Carvewright and I would both win. Specially when you are in the middle of a project and there is a time factor.
But what do I know, I'm still on the bottom of the learning curve, on the uphill climb.

roughcut
12-13-2008, 09:37 AM
It could be that parts are not that readily available as of yet,although I haven't ordered any parts that were not shipped . But it takes a while to build and inventory. And I am sure CW doesn't make all the parts they use . So maybe some day they will have an online parts catolog . I sure hope so .

Kenm810
12-13-2008, 09:47 AM
This parts list and exploded View is the only one I know of,
and is what most of us are working from.

Exploded view parts list (http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/parts_list_manual.pdf)

Jeff_Birt
12-13-2008, 09:53 AM
It helps if you do a bit of 'Searching', you can find the parts manual right on the downloads page: http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/parts_list_manual.pdf .

Enjoy... EDIT: Ken beat me to it

Semper Fi
12-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Man, I don't know how I missed this the first time around. I have the Assembly Guide and parts list document (Rev 1.2, 12/19/07) , but I wonder how many of these part number have been superceded with new numbers for the redesigned (updated) parts? And I would love to be able to order parts off hours when I have more free time to do so. JMHO.

swhitney
12-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Over a year after introducing this poll, and 100% feedback. Thanx for bringing it back into the limelight, as I still feel an online method of ordering the parts is needed. I understand the isues regarding correct part selection, and potential returns, but maybe a "disclaimer" suchas "you ordered it - you bought it" or a significant but reasonable "restocking fee" might make the parts ordering process a little less time consuming for all parties involved(phone time especially). This might be a way for some of us to be able to update our machines by buying prepared kits (e.g. "Z-pack bundle ver 2.07" or whatever).

It isn't that we wish not to talk to the fine folks at LHR, but that when I happen to remember to order a specific part, it is usually late evening when LHR is closed. Or for the folks who have jobs and get home just as LHR leaves for the day... etc.

Kudos for the "exploded view" diagram which we all should have printed and put with our often re-read manuals. Now what about easier part ordering???? I would love to hear a response from LHR on the forums if possible...

Spanglerg@hotmail.com
12-13-2008, 01:27 PM
How can this not be a "GOOD IDEA"? It appears to be a Win / Win for everyone concerned! Some times the best Ideas are right under are sawdust impacted noses.

Rocky
12-13-2008, 02:09 PM
On the surface, it sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe LHR can "weigh in" on this and provide their feedback. They may have some very valid reasons supporting their current method of operation.

SeanMuir
10-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Being a new CW owner, I'm coming in nearly a year late on this issue. I found this thread while searching for an exploded view of all the machine's parts. I was just cleaning my machine, with low pressure air, and a plastic piece dropped onto the belts. It appears to be a cover for "somewhere", but I haven't figured out where. It is black, about 1" x 1.125" and wedge shaped as viewed from the long side, approx. 3/16" up to 3/8". As viewed from the top it would be a full rectangle except there is a rounded section, about 3/4" dia. out of a high corner. The piece is open on one face and hollow.
Any ideas as to where this piece goes?
Did they ever offer up an exploded view of the machine.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sean

PCW
10-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Is it part # 55 (defector) in the breakdown?

tr0086
10-21-2009, 05:37 PM
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=133.217540

SeanMuir
10-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Possibly, but I don't think so. My machine will be running for the next 2+ hours, so I can't try to match up the diagram to what is, and isn't, in the area shown. I'll give a try at posting a photograph of the part, which should make it easier for 'someone in the know' to identify.
Sean

Pratyeka
10-21-2009, 06:00 PM
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=133.217540

Bookmarked!!!
Why has this link never been revealed before?

The QC is sold for $55...

PCW
10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Pratyeka,

Bud posted the link a couple of weeks ago. Sure make it nice.:D

SeanMuir,

In my signature below there is a link to all of the CW/CC documents. The parts breakdown is included there as well.

SeanMuir
10-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks Dan (PCW), looks like it's from the Head Assembly - Bottom (ASM5) part #82, the Head FFC Retainer
If I've followed the instructions correctly, here is a photo of the piece. Notice there is a broken out section in the large end, the point of attachment. If that is the case, then it appears there are areas where 25-30 psi must be considered higher than "low pressure air".
Sean

PCW
10-21-2009, 07:19 PM
That part goes behind the keyboard side cover. If you look behind the cover where the flat cable comes in toward the top there a recessed area. If you look you will find a screw where the plastic cracked.

PCW
10-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Sean,

That is not the fault of the air pressure. Both of my machines came new with this part broke and I suspect it was done in shipping. Honestly I never changed them and they are fine.

I took my covers off the machine the day they arrived because I had to see how they where put together (bad habit) and they where laying on the bottom broke on both machines.

Shacky
10-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks Dan (PCW), looks like it's from the Head Assembly - Bottom (ASM5) part #82, the Head FFC Retainer
If I've followed the instructions correctly, here is a photo of the piece. Notice there is a broken out section in the large end, the point of attachment. If that is the case, then it appears there are areas where 25-30 psi must be considered higher than "low pressure air".
Sean

Good lord, I just found the same broken piece in my machine today and it is only a week old. I see you can get it from Sears for $2.99. Should I replace it and how much taking apart of the machine would it take?

If you buy parts from Sears use coupon "9055" for 10% off. Not sure how long it is good.

PCW
10-21-2009, 09:24 PM
What I plan on doing is on my next parts order I will add it to the list.

First thing to do is unplug the machine and remove the screw that holds the plastic cover to the keyboard cover on the inside of the machine. It holds the two flat cable in place. Look to the left of the sandpaper belts on the inside of the cover and you will see the black cover holding the two flat cables.. Unplug the flat keyboard cable.

The LED side cover is held in place by two bolts on top and two screws toward the bottom. When you remove the two bolts on top watch for shims under the cover where the bolts are. They go under the cover at the top.

Remove cover replace the screw and new part.

Not to bad a job. Once you do it a few times it's a 5 min. job.

PCW
10-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Hi Doug,

The original post in this tread is sort of outdated since it started almost two years ago.

LHR made this announcement on 7/09 and hopefully will become a reality soon.

This post has been deleted from the announcements sections which I find strange. It was posted by The Carvewright Customer Service Manager. Quote (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11994) >

Finally, we will be making more parts readily available to customers through the on-line store. Many of you are able to diagnosis and repair your machines without our technical support and many are unable to communicate with us during our scheduled support hours. By adding these additional parts to the on-line store, we hope to expedite repairs or maintenance on your machines. Generally, parts ordered on-line are shipped out the following business day.

We, as you, have experienced the consequences of the current economic downturn and are trying to do more with less. In a strong growth economy, these situations are called growing pains. We are treating the current situation as a maturing process. We continue working at providing the highest quality of customer service and appreciate your patience and feedback.

Pratyeka
10-22-2009, 06:27 AM
To Djason: Most e-commerce rent their web hosting service. For $8 a month I have unlimited bandwitdh and unlimited disk space at hostpapa.ca. Adding a ssl certificate cost me another $35 for a year. I did not need an IT to setup the online store, just a week of playing around with the software. My 8 year old nece wuld have done it faster;)

dbfletcher
10-22-2009, 10:47 AM
I realize their are less expensive alternatives available however, we are not talking about a Mom and Pop shop turning out a hundred or so orders a month. The systems put in place to support this will require the integration of their manufacturing facility to their shipping and receiving and peripheral systems to monitor/manage Quality Control, Accounting, Forcasting ect... We are talking about an MRP or ERP system that can help manage alot of people, machines and raw resources to handle hundreds of orders a day. These software packages alone start at $20,000 to $25,000.

From what I gather on the forum, LHR does a good job keeping the current pace with tech calls, however, they did recently start charging a $25 per service call fee. I can only assume that this was established to get some of us to think before we call. Because, if I use my own experience with the CC, I had tech issues that led to a machine replacement and it still isn't right. multiply my concerns times the number of unit sold and replaced...the system has got to be under stress. I want LHR to succed because I have a vested interest in their product. I just want us to think about what we are asking, thats all.

MRP...Management Requirement Planning
ERP...Enterprise Resource Planning

Keep in mind they ALREADY have a store site up with a shopping cart. So most of the capability is already there. Sure there are some internal issues and processes that would need to be worked out. And lets not fool ourselve in to thinking if they put the parts list up over night there sales are going to quadruple and they wont be able to keep up with demand. They are in a niche market. They have a small but loyal customer base. Their sales will increase a little becuase some people will order 'extra' part.. and we wont have to fight with the phone system trying to get through.

Doug Fletcher

liquidguitars
10-22-2009, 10:53 AM
I read this thread several times and actually voted Yes on your poll however, after waying out the pros and cons, I cannot support this request. I will try to change my vote, but if I can't, please subtract one from yes and add to the no's.

Ok.. if you say so.. :mrgreen:

LHR, lets get the E part store finished. I just ordered bearings and the like online though Sears 100.00 $$$ bucks worth.

LG

SeanMuir
10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks Dan, and the rest.
It looks like the hardest part may be getting the part, and even that shouldn't be too difficult.
Sorry about re-opening this CW/CC "e-store" can of worms debate, but the end result was, at least for me, the forum members did help me find out: what the part was, where to get a replacement and how to replace it (if I choose to ;)).
Thanks for all the help,
Sean

dbfletcher
10-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Ok.. if you say so.. :mrgreen:

LHR, lets get the E part store finished. I just ordered bearings and the like online though Sears 100.00 $$$ bucks worth.

LG

LG,

Please post back when your recieve the items. I'd be interested in what the turn around time is for sears.

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher

tagstudios
10-23-2009, 04:16 AM
I think this is a great idea!!!.......Even though I live within a 45 min. drive from LHR its not always convenient to drive into the city. This would still be beneficial for info if nothing else.....i voted YES.....

forqnc
10-23-2009, 08:26 AM
LG,

Please post back when your recieve the items. I'd be interested in what the turn around time is for sears.

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher

I ordered the contoller board for my machine on 10/17/09 (Saturday) currently the status is still showing
"Part has been processed in the system, but status from the supplier is not yet available"

Although I have seen this with Sears online before, and when I got home the product I ordered was sitting on my front porch.
I let you know when I get it.

liquidguitars
10-23-2009, 12:07 PM
f) I don't know if I can be any clearer, I have taken the time to elaborate extensively on the Pro's & Con's for this amazing product because I have come to care for it so much. And have even endorsed your product with both other newbies on this forum as well as friends who have visited my shop. Question is, What are you going to do about it?

DJ,

We are proactive on this site and I am not sure what you are asking?

LHR should replace a missing screw that should somewhat simple.. :confused:

Edit: I looked at your post again and I know the part you need and you get the replacement screws with it 2 "I think".

MWMA2020
ROLLER BEARING 12.99 x2 "set of two"

MWMA2021
BEARING $ 17.15 x2.

Hope this helps

LHR has two part numbers one listed on the schematics and one number for the part "MWMA"

LG

mtylerfl
10-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Hello Doug,

Take a couple minutes and give LHR a call. I'm sure they'll get you fixed up right away with whatever you need.

Their phone # is 713-473-6572

jab73180
10-24-2009, 06:43 PM
so when is this store going to be implemented. it is a great idea. maybe they can have a new shipping part in it too, you know pay the right price instead of the lube and counter they offer now.

Fletcher
10-24-2009, 08:14 PM
How about an online exploded view of the machine with direct links to the part store. That way you look and say "yeah, that thingy", then click it and be redirected to buy it.

With how advanced the software for this little machine is, I am very surprised that LHR has not implemented this already.

Count my vote as a "yes".

forqnc
10-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Update for Doug, the part arrived yesterday, so about a week. The other thing is it came directly from LHR.

dbfletcher
10-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Update for Doug, the part arrived yesterday, so about a week. The other thing is it came directly from LHR.

That is pretty good. I ordered some regular tool items for sears. The very next day I got an email that my items has shipped with a ups tracking number. BUT... it then took 5 days before the ups site ever said anything other than "billing information recieved". Now UPS shows my order should be delieverd today so that is a 10 day turn around directly from sears even though sears claimed my order was shipped the next day. Go figure.

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher

bjbethke
10-27-2009, 08:45 AM
That is pretty good. I ordered some regular tool items for sears. The very next day I got an email that my items has shipped with a ups tracking number. BUT... it then took 5 days before the ups site ever said anything other than "billing information recieved". Now UPS shows my order should be delieverd today so that is a 10 day turn around directly from sears even though sears claimed my order was shipped the next day. Go figure.

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher
They do that so they can charge your account when the order is shipped.

al2888dj
10-27-2009, 01:17 PM
rec parts from sears parts list was filled by Lhr tech. about 10 days getting them

tagstudios
10-27-2009, 04:53 PM
How about an online exploded view of the machine with direct links to the part store. That way you look and say "yeah, that thingy", then click it and be redirected to buy it.

...........I second that suggestion...........

swhitney
10-27-2009, 08:13 PM

With how advanced the software for this little machine is, I am very surprised that LHR has not implemented this already.

Count my vote as a "yes".

Gosh, what a great idea!!!

It has been almost two years since this thread was started, I hear some comments from LHR regarding supposed progress.... but still nothing. I am a little more than dissappointed with thier progress on this, and yes, I do realize the inventory procedures, and man hours needed to be put into this, but once it gets up and running, the payback should be more than worth the effort.....

forqnc
10-28-2009, 01:38 PM

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher

I just got an email from Sears that the part has shipped :rolleyes::mrgreen:

liquidguitars
10-28-2009, 02:06 PM
SWEET I recived the same email thats ok..

I received my parts yesterday all good but I was under the impression when a idem on the schematics states x2 you should get two parts for the one price listed. :confused:

LG

lovejoys
10-30-2009, 09:26 AM
has any one look at the prices from sear and LHR to see if they are about the same I need to order some parts and was just checking on price is Sears any cheaper I do like the fact I can order online and get the parts I need but its all about the price and the phone call to LHR takes about the same time

liquidguitars
11-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Sorry that you having some problems with the removal of the truck. when you get the wrong part or make a mistake on your quantity it can suck I know.

I think the Sears parts online is a good option for parts if your a E guy like me " I hate the phone" once LHR shipping works out the small X2 issue.

The z truck:
it can be tricky at first, now if i need to remove the truck I can do it in about 5 mins. I never had to drill the screws alway was able to jam the screw off.

my thinking that one can replace just the "one screw" and removal of all 4 is not needed anyway, free the good bearing screw on the right side then turn the bearing cams two each to open the truck, the truck will come off with all the bearings on once turned correctly.

Also if you like you can just "tilt" the bad side of the truck 30% reach around to replace the screws without a complete removal 2.

Manual nomenclature: the manual says "IF" not "DO" :) no biggie get the screw and make sure you use blue lock tight when replacing..

I think the hardware store is the way to go on this one as ordering two screws from Texas is not very Eco friendly :)..

don't give up!

LG

Pratyeka
11-09-2009, 02:04 PM
about the permanent locking of the bearing screws on the Z-truck, do you guys realise that the reason they put permanent threadlocker there is because of the vibrations generated by the unbalanced QC? If you switched to the Rock chuck, you may not need threadlocker at all. Someone should try and check during and after every carve to see if those screws tend to come loose if they are not threadlocked and using a Rock.

Wilbur
11-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I have the rock and I do not use any threadlock at all. I got over 400 hr of run time on the rock and don't see where I need any.

Wilbur

liquidguitars
11-09-2009, 02:50 PM
about the permanent locking of the bearing screws on the Z-truck, do you guys realise that the reason they put permanent threadlocker there is because of the vibrations generated by the unbalanced QC? If you switched to the Rock chuck, you may not need threadlocker at all. Someone should try and check during and after every carve to see if those screws tend to come loose if they are not threadlocked and using a Rock.

Still gets some by design, with the Rock I only need to use blue but I use good coat of 204 and a heat gun.

I have the rock and I do not use any threadlock at all. I got over 400 hr of run time on the rock and don't see where I need any.

Hi Wilbur,
I was talking about the Z truck bearings in that you need to add locktight to them or the bearing cam will loosen.

LG

Mikewiz
11-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Hey,

Sorry to change the subject, but my Z-motor went today. It seams the bearing inside went bad. I noticed my machine sounded different today while carving but seemed to run fine. Finished a 2 hour carve fine, but when cleaning I couldn't move the Z-truck up or down. Took the machine apart and it is the z-motor. Anyway my point was I called LHR and they wanted $100 + shipping. Sears wanted $62.52 + shipping, So I went with sears.

Thanks Mikwiz

Chief
11-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I described to everyone in earlier posts about some of the issues I have had and are having... currently, the bolt on my ztruck broke, and believe it to have broke within minutes of starting my machine. I refused to take it to Sears for reasons I already mentioned and went to LHR for help as mtylerfl had suggested. Described my predicament with an LHR Tech Support guy and he said, "no problem, we can help..." Fixed me up with 2 new bolts and they came with bearings via The US Postal Service. Hoping to have received them by Friday of last week however got them today, no problem till I started the disassembly process per the service manual and had destroyed the other two bolts that require the drilling method now, which means I am short two bolts!

So I have two choices... Go to the hardware store like I originally planned or call LHR again and wait another six days for two more bolts that also will have two bearings in the package that I don't need... Wouldn't it be prudent of LHR to look at my current experience level with their product that wasn't right from the factory and have spent SOOoo much money on and and listen to the details of my situation and he is already aware of the ztruck repair procedures noted in the PDF file that is available on the CarveWright website because he told me about it, so, with that in mind, do you think he would know what I need for my repair(s). I go to the auto store all the time and the clerk has no problem suggesting or informing me that others items are required for my repairs and will need if I haven't already acquired them. Maybe I should let Sears take care of it, Right... Nope.. because the way I feel at this moment, if it were to go back to Sears... it would not come back at all... so far, I have been extremely patient under the circumstances however I am at the end of my rope. Thanks for your help Micheal T, and the others who tried to help me. I have a decision to make and I can really use that 3 grand invested so far for other things that I know will work.

Looking at an other company, for hardware and software. 3 grand will buy everything with money to spare however assembly required.

Still hooked on this carving thing to include the line and sinker. Not sure, I have learned not to make rash decisions in the heat of the moment however not sure if this machine will ever be productive. I would like to be able to give back to this forum, so far have only one completed project that I conceder worthy of posting, that is including my first and second machine. Will post it later in the Gallery. I got to go and get some work done. Again thanks.

LHR... I am screaming for help.. please look at all your repair procedures again and put together some packages that will cover all the parts that will or could be destroyed during the repair process. Wished you had a service outlet in my town so I can make weekly trips to it and purchase stuff I need or maybe Sears can have a parts bin next to their demo model in their stores of known issues and parts that will be required to keep my MOOoCHIIIiiine goin... I don't know, your the expert... and no problem with using this thing for a business, if my customers had to deal with some of the issues I have had with your product.... they would have said, see ya a long time ago.. however you have a niche in the market... or do ya.. The link to this forum is located on your website other wise I would not bother the rest of the members of this forum with my issues.. sorry my participation could not be more productive..Just trying to save someone else the trouble, if this post disappears than I have your answer.........................

Straight from the manual...

9. Rotate the adjustable roller bearings: To remove the Z-truck, the right side adjustable roller bearings will have to be rotated to clear the vertical rails (or in some cases entirely removed). Since permanent thread cement is used to secure the roller bearing screws we cannot simply unscrew them. Using the 12mm flat wrench rotate the roller bearing studs clockwise about half a turn so the truck can be pulled straight off of the Y-truck. If the rollers cannot be rotated with the wrench, the heads of the screws will have to be drilled out using a 3/16” drill bit. Before drilling make sure that you have placed a towel or other cover over the sandpaper belt trays. This cover will catch the metal shavings and will prevent them from contaminating the machine. Center the 3/16” drill bit on the center of the screw head and drill until the head of the screw comes loose. Repeat for both rollers.

CarveWright System Service – Replacing the Z-truck (Rev 1.5) 10/22/08

Doug,

In more ways than one, I share sympathy with you. As a matter of fact, I'm having the same problem as you. Those off-center "studs" didn't do diddley and so I had to drill them out... both of them. I talked to tech support, told him the problem and he said he'd order 2 bearings and 2 screws for me. That was Friday. He said the order would go out Monday so I got a note today that the order was filled.... at 2:30 pm. Does their shipping department works nights only?

This all started with a board sensor error. With tech help, it was determined that I had a bad ribbon cable and so the tech sent me a cable and the board sensor. That took 8 days to arrive. I suspect that it might have been shipped from China. That's the only thing I can think of to explain why it takes so long. So, now that I got the notice today of the order, I just hope it arrives by Friday. I really don't know whether the problem is with the postal service of CW but I suspect it's CW.

It took me 1 1/2 months to get this machine delivered from Sears. In the next 7 weeks I've only carved two patterns. Even though "reconditioned", there is no excuse for this mess. The first problem definitely was caused Sears. The 2nd part, the 7 weeks, can be attributed to whomever reconditions the CC AND LHR's supply dept. It's a good thing I have other interests so my annoyance with everything CW/CC can dissipate before another crisis develops.

BTW, if you read the description of the screws for those removable bearings, you aren't going to find them at your local hardware store. You would have to go to a screw speciality shop or SEars or CW, both of which would be happy to put the screws to you.

liquidguitars
11-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Those off-center "studs" didn't do diddley and so I had to drill them out...

Hmm.. looks like you guys got all screwed up.. :mrgreen:

LG

seabass
11-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Darn Chief, one refurb I got was at my door in 3 days, the other took 4 days, why 1 1/2 months!

Chief
11-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Darn Chief, one refurb I got was at my door in 3 days, the other took 4 days, why 1 1/2 months!

Seabass,

I think somebody upstairs is testing my patience. I forgot to add that I got into an argument with a woman who works in a certain Sears store. The add on the Sears site for the refurb said that you could have it delivered at home. Evidently she had never learned how to read as she kept insisting that was not what the web site said.

I've been a loyal Sears Customer for 42 years but they are really forcing me to rethink my loyalties.

Chief

seabass
11-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Isn't it nice when you know more than the Sears employees. Of course it could be delivered to the home! I never went to the store and have not been in a physical Sears store in ages, all online for me.

Hopefully you are happily carving away soon! Good luck!

Ike
11-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Isn't it nice when you know more than the Sears employees. Of course it could be delivered to the home! I never went to the store and have not been in a physical Sears store in ages, all online for me.

Nor did mine I ordered from a retail store in Ohio and they shipped it for $35.00 and took only 4 or 5 days to get to me!

Ike

Chief
11-12-2009, 12:13 AM

Seabass,

LHR is ticking me off but it's only on their super-slow delivery of parts/things ordered. If they had some competition, their delivery time probably would be half of what it is now. I'm really hoping the parts come tomorrow. Supposedly mailed Monday, it shouldn't take more than 2 days.

Sears is another thing. I'll spend my money at Harbor Freight before I deal with them again.

Chief

AskBud
11-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Remember that Wednesday, November 11th, was a Holiday for the U.S Postal Service.
AskBud

Chief
11-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Remember that Wednesday, November 11th, was a Holiday for the U.S Postal Service.
AskBud

Bud,

I know that it's Veterans' Day but wasn't sure if the USPS observed it. I finally received the parts late this afternoon. I'm not going to try to replace the parts until tomorrow when the brain has a little bit of rest........ that and the fact that Tech Support at LHR will be open if I run into any more problems.

Chief

dbfletcher
12-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Any updates on when a "online parts" store/catalog will be available from LHR? That would make a great x-mas gift from LHR to all of us users!

Doug Fletcher

jspeedy33
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
And don't even get me started on the shipping CHARGES!!! They could use flat rate boxes from the USPS, ship it priority mail, and it would get here before it does currently - of course, it would be nice if they actually packaged it and shipped it within 24 hours of receiving the order...

Router-Jim
07-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Gosh I really wish they would make it possible to order parts on line.

I just wasted 20 minutes waiting to place an order that I could have completed in 2 minutes online.

Fletcher
07-09-2010, 03:46 PM
It's funny that a company that SELLS technology, lags so far behind in SALES technology. I order my pizzas online... CUSTOM!
;)

jspeedy33
07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I know that there is an exploded parts list in the maintenance section on the website - no prices, though, so it is still going to take awhile to get the parts you need...

John

bjbethke
07-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Gosh I really wish they would make it possible to order parts on line.

I just wasted 20 minutes waiting to place an order that I could have completed in 2 minutes online.

I think you can do that now, the part numbers are listed in the LHR manual, and the same part numbers are used by Sears. Order the parts from Sears; they give you the cost of each part. I find most parts ordered from Sears are sent out by LHR.

If the part does not work Sears will make it good.

Not sure about the Model “C” unit.

andes
07-09-2010, 09:02 PM
yes, parts should be avail on line, for those owners who know what they need; but you should always have the option to phone for part assistance. Also, there should be a discount block, for the carvers club members can club discount; actually that should already be in place, you shouldn't have to call to get the discount.

Monclover
10-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I as a new user I would really like a parts and price list. As an example, my CW arrived damaged in shipment from a prior owner. What the name of the several parts damaged from my standpoint is anybody's guess. I am faced with contacting Customer Support fumbling around trying to best describe this or that part.

AskBud
10-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Start with the Parts Manual.
AskBud
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/CW_parts_list_manual.pdf

lynnfrwd
10-09-2010, 11:26 PM
I cast my vote!!