PDA

View Full Version : More CW depression

zeke
11-17-2007, 05:04 PM
One thing is for sure, of all the things I have attempted in life, the CW requires the most patience. Everytime you get your hopes up that you might actually be able to accomplish a project something goes wrong. There is no doubt from my perspective that the machine requires an enormous amount of work to keep running! I just replaced my gears several days ago and have been preparing to use the machine this weekend.

I replaced the gears as directed. Tried to use it for the first time since replacing the gears and BAM, nothing, the machine just stares at me!

I tried a few simple options, cut, joint, etc.. It goes into homing, then asks to load the board, I do that, then hit enter and nothing! It won't go past that point, tried powering on and off, loading different boards, etc..

Any ideas?

oldjoe
11-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Have you checked you sensors to see if the rollers are compressed?
What gears did you replace and are you sure you have all the wires back?
Just a couple of questions

zeke
11-18-2007, 10:41 AM
I had to replace the stage 1 and 2 gears, didn't have to remove any wires to perform the replacement.

I'm not familiar with "Have you checked you sensors to see if the rollers are compressed". How is this done?

swhitney
11-18-2007, 10:45 AM
press "0" (options i believe) and then "7" (sensor check??) and use the up and down arrows to locate the different sensors.

zeke
11-18-2007, 11:20 AM
The front and back rollers display "released" and the board sensor "0". Do these settings mean I need to perform some maintenance on the machine?

swhitney
11-18-2007, 11:37 AM
that would be standard responses for a "head-up" situation. while in the sensor screen, press the rollers up into the machine using your hand, and check the LCD screen, should change to compressed. Also, place a board under the board sensor and this will show if it is working. should go from 0 to better than 80 or 100 i think.

JOHNB
11-18-2007, 12:00 PM
quote; I tried a few simple options, cut, joint, etc.. It goes into homing, then asks to load the board, I do that, then hit enter and nothing! It won't go past that point, tried powering on and off, loading different boards, etc..

you're saying nothing, as in no noise, no movement anywhere, as in completly dead? what does the lcd screen display?

zeke
11-18-2007, 12:46 PM
I loaded a board in the machine prior to viewing the LCD, I was expecting some pressure on the board. Does it matter if I load a board without being asked to for the pressure test?

"you're saying nothing, as in no noise, no movement anywhere, as in completly dead? what does the lcd screen display?" It continued to say load board on the LCD, the display did not change after pressing enter each time I tried to perform a function.

liquidguitars
11-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Check your wires from the hood to the cut motor " sounds like no power" one of your wires could be loose.

LG

JOHNB
11-18-2007, 01:50 PM
QUOTE; It goes into homing, then asks to load the board, I do that, then hit enter and nothing!

after doing this, what does the lcd screen display?

zeke
11-18-2007, 04:02 PM
The LCD screen continues to display the load board message. The wires appear to be OK.

oldjoe
11-19-2007, 11:32 AM
You may have some saw dust built up around the roller sensor keeping the rollers from being compressed. Hope this helps.

JOHNB
11-19-2007, 04:20 PM
like joe says. if the lcd keeps asking you to load board, then it hasn't told you to press enter yet. one of the rollers is not compressed. after loading, go to 0-7 on keypad, then arrow to the rollers display. compress or released