PDA

View Full Version : Removing Bit

Hank
11-16-2007, 08:15 AM
When a project is finished the Z truck moves to the far left. To remove the bit I've been sliding the Z truck to the middle by hand. To grab the truck you have to get your fingers around the metal frame and exert quite a bit of pressure to slide the truck to the center. It would be nice to have the machine move the truck to the center when a project is completed like it does when changing bits. Bye the way should the machine be turned off prior to sliding the truck?

Mikewiz
11-16-2007, 08:25 AM
hey Hank,

I always turn off the machine before moving the Z-truck. Having the power off Its alot easier to slide it. I also feel I'm not putting strain on the Z-truck motor. Hope this helps. Mike

Kenm810
11-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi Hank,

Yes it is a very good idea to turn the machine off while removing the bit, it's a little less ware and tear on the "Y" truck belts, gears, and motor. You should be able to feel the difference in how it moves, with the power on as apposed to being off. I also put a small plastic sleeve on the Bit to protect it, if I should happen to drop it, also to protect my fingers. (them Bits can Bite) http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif