PDA

View Full Version : My dust extraction

forqnc
11-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Finally have found time to take pictures of my dust extraction setup.
I cut a slot in my table, which the CW sits on, and built a box underneath. I put weather stripping around the slot before bolting the CW on top. To the box I piped 1 1/2 PVC, which is connected to a house vac I got from a Friend.
It has dramatically improved the clean up time after a carving.
I used a rubber coupling to aide with removal of the vac to clean. After around 15 hours carving I still have not had to empty it. Will add to this thread when I do to see how big problem it is.

Joegris
11-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Is this just a vacuum at pulls from between the sandpaper transports? Would it be a good idea to attach a vacuum to the dust collection port as well?

JOHNB
11-16-2007, 06:11 AM
[QUOTE=Joegris;35309]Is this just a vacuum at pulls from between the sandpaper transports? Would it be a good idea to attach a vacuum to the dust collection port as well?[/QUOT

i think this dust collection port that you are talking about is actually a muffler port. do not hook up your vacum to this port.

forqnc
11-16-2007, 06:34 AM
Is this just a vacuum at pulls from between the sandpaper transports? Would it be a good idea to attach a vacuum to the dust collection port as well?

Yes, some have called it a "Down draught". As John said, it is not recommended to hook up to the muffler port.

forqnc
11-18-2007, 12:22 PM
It's like mine but I use a dust collector

Yep, great minds think alike ;)
How much of an improvement did you notice Kurtsara? I would say mine is about 60% better than without it.