PDA

View Full Version : Carving bit not sensed

mikemel
11-15-2007, 05:20 PM
My CC asks me to load the 1/8th carving bit because it does not think I have it loaded. I notice that the metal "flipper" does not come out to the correct position for calibration. It moves part way out and stops short of the correct position for the bit to be calibrated. Is there an adjustment that I can make?

Dan-Woodman
11-15-2007, 05:25 PM
clean, clean , clean.

rjp736
11-15-2007, 06:20 PM
I gave up on the bit flapper. Just bend a piece of metal and maually pull the flapper out when it goes to touch it.

dragoncarver
11-15-2007, 06:49 PM
i have had the same problem and i blow it off good then spray oil on it move it a little and it is fixed for several more carvings

Jeff_Birt
11-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Mike,

Do a search for 'bit plate' and you will find that a lot has been written about the subject. There is also a trouble shooting PDF in the very first thread in the troubleshooting section.

The first thing to check is that you are using the current version of firmware, 1.120. In Designer click Help->Check for updates. After you have updated Designer then go to File->Flash Manager and update the firmware on your memory card.

Then go through the steps in the troubleshooting PDF.

Finally, about once a month I put 1 drop of bicycle chain wax on the tip of my index finger and wipe it on the contact areas of both the bit plate and the part of the Y-truck that contacts the bit plate. This dries to a wax like consistency that will not attract sawdust. One drop, once a month and no more problems....

mikemel
11-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. I have had my CC for about a week. Lots to learn but forum is a GREAT aid. I am not accustomed to talking to a human Tech support person. But LHR responded and suggested that I bend the bit plate upward slightly. This did the trick, the bits are being sensed properly now.