PDA

View Full Version : possible z axis error

Dennis McDonald
11-15-2007, 10:26 AM
the machine runs a carve program up till about 80%, and then stops and displays a message to check z axis motor and press enter to continue. any input will be greatly appreciated. Dennie

Digitalwoodshop
11-15-2007, 11:20 AM
The first thing I would look at is the Z belt behind the head. Sawdust can get impacted in the cogs of the bottom gear and belt area and it is like speed bumps in the road to the Z. The computer is monitoring the current to the Z motor looking for a overload and each speed bump from the sawdust causes the computer to eventually stop the machine. With the power off, blow air in the belt area while moving the head up and down.

I had that error for the first time last week. Got some pine that appears to have more pitch than the other I used. Some of the cogs had impacted sawdust in it.

If that did not fix the problem and you machine has not been to LHR in the last 2 months then the 16 pin Z Cable might be going bad. Call LHR and ask them.

If it goes to LHR they will most likely will replace the Z with the replacement Z Bundle that will fix your problem. When your machine comes back you will need to be prepared to upgrade your software to 1.121 as with 1.120 the machine will come up in Scan Area and you can't clear that without loading 1.121.

1.121 just gives you a fork in the road with the Probe Data. One option is the Z Plug with the old 16 pin Z system you now have or the new Cover option where you plug the probe into the jack on the side of the cover. You need a adapter plug from LHR to do that.

Good Luck,

AL

Dennis McDonald
11-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the input I will check the machine soon. I have just gotten this machine. I purchased it from Dubliner here in Austin TX. I have been playing for just a couple of days. I am sure that I will be asking a lot of questions in the near future.