PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

thumsup
11-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Greatings all,

I need a little help with the software for my new CarveWright. While trying to load the software I received the attached error message.
Reload, unload, reload didn't help.

Thanks for listening.

Joe

Skyhawk
11-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Interesting...I did a Google search on msvcrtd.dll which did show a few sites to download the file. If you do this, unzip it into the same folder that you installed Designer into...don't drop it into the Windows\System folder.

BobHill
11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Instead, of getting the file from the internet, how about just putting your Flash card into your computer Dongle for it and reinstall Designer and upload it to the Flash card.

Bob

TCboy
11-15-2007, 11:28 AM
That file you are missing is required to run the software. If you receive that error and you just purchased the software/machine, please contact CW so they can get the issue resolved. They will send you a direct link to the software via the internet so you can download it. Had same problem myself.

thumsup
11-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the info. CW contact me a bit ago with the info I need.

Thanks again

Joe

BobHill
11-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Joe,

That just goes to show you that this is a good place to present problems and ideas.

Bob

JOHNB
11-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the info. CW contact me a bit ago with the info I need.

Thanks again

Joe

and what was the info?

thumsup
11-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Yes indeed Bob, this is a great place to receive help.

JohnB, I contacted CW, they informed me they had some issues with
the CD sent out with the machine. The sent me a link to download the
software from there site.

Now the issue is when powering up the machine the LCD displays
"CarveWright Wood Working Machine" (photo attached).

Called them yesterday and email them. No reply. Called this morning, nobody there. So here I sit with this neat looking machine and nothing to do.

Joe

pkunk
11-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Reformat your card after updating to v 1.120 and make sure you have at least one project on it. Your display should read properly then and give you options.

thumsup
11-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks pkunk, didn't work. Appears the machine isn't reading the card.

Should I be able to see the files on the card in "My computer"?

Joe

TIMCOSBY
11-18-2007, 01:06 AM
it doesn't show up in "my computer" on mine.

Jeff_Birt
11-18-2007, 08:24 AM
If you have uploaded a file to the card you need to use Designer to see it. go to File -> Flash manager.

Another good place to look over is the help file in Designer. It does a pretty good job of explaining the basic concepts and investing a bit of time in reading it over will pay back in a reduction in frustration later.

thumsup
11-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey Jeff,

Thanks for your input. I have exhausted the "owners manual" and the help area in designer, unless I'm missing something the problem I have is not addressed. Hopefully tomorrow (Monday) CW well resposnened to my emails.
Mean while I can only hope.

Joe