PDA

View Full Version : pattern library

TIMCOSBY
11-15-2007, 12:38 AM
now that i got all my patterns orginized in the pattern library is there a way to backup that info??? is it stored in a certain folder?? or just backup the whole carvewrite folder and hope its there???

BobHill
11-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Tim,

You can EXPORT any of your library PTN files into any folder on your system, or better yet, put them onto a secure CD (or a couple of them, with one not being anywhere near your computer room). Before I put any PTN file into my Favorites/Library, I actually put them into a backup location, but that doesn't mean you can't do it after it's in your CarveWright program files. Just use RIGHT CLICK on Favorites and EXPORT to the location of choice.

Bob

Jeff_Birt
11-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Tim, I'm not on a computer that has Designer on it right now so I can't tell you the exact location. Look for a file called 'favorites.mpn' under c:\Documents and Settings\your_user\name. That is where your patterns are stored.

TIMCOSBY
11-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Tim,

You can EXPORT any of your library PTN files into any folder on your system, or better yet, put them onto a secure CD (or a couple of them, with one not being anywhere near your computer room). Before I put any PTN file into my Favorites/Library, I actually put them into a backup location, but that doesn't mean you can't do it after it's in your CarveWright program files. Just use RIGHT CLICK on Favorites and EXPORT to the location of choice.

Bob

with your method you will have to open each one and put them into the designer library again(a pain) if you have a crash. i do have them backed up like you but this file that jeff mentioned was what i was looking for it is the one designer looks for when opening. just copy it back to the right location and your good to go. cause your hard drive will die eventually trust me i know to well.

Darryl A
11-16-2007, 08:05 PM
I believe the file name is ntuser.dat in mydocuments, you user name folder. You can copy it in safe mode only.

ruggybear
11-16-2007, 10:03 PM
What Jeff said. The exact path on my computer is c:\Documents and Settings\your_user\favorites.mpn where "your_user" would be your login name. In my case that would be ruggybear. Just backup that file and all of your ptn's in favorites will be backed up

Regards,

Ken

Gman_Ind
11-17-2007, 08:05 AM
Darryl the file you named is part of the windows system registry. HKLU hive.
I am glad for this thread I have 2 computer I actively design on and this will help keep them straight.