PDA

View Full Version : Problem with moving vectors while using sliders

3dmapmaker
11-14-2007, 06:25 PM
This is strange. I made some brooches and added them to my pattern manager. Drug each one to a location on the board. So there are three brooches on the board at different locations. I drew ovals around each one. All different sizes and shapes. I select a oval and select carve region. That part works fine. Then I click on the board to deselect the oval. I scroll over the the next brooch using the slides on the bottom and right of the screen. I select the other oval and tell it to carve that region. After zooming back out and looking at the fist oval I notice the software has moved the first oval and the image of the carve region has moved as well. If I use the slider to move around, the ovals and the carve regions move as well. The brooches stay where i put them. They just are not carved in the right place any more. This is frustrating. Is there a setting I am missing or is this a bug.
So the short of it is as I zoom in and slide back and forth along the board the vectors move. They do not stay in place where I put them.

Donny

3dmapmaker
11-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Well After reading and clicking I guess the vectors are not moving they just look like they do because the perspective view was turned on. Makes things look very deceiving with it turned on. After turning it off and labels on I see that they are indeed where I put them. Sure looks bad with that tuned on. Not real. So I naturally assumed what I was seeing as wrong. Sorry for the post. I guess I need more practice with this program.

Donny

oldjoe
11-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Don't feel bad for the post it is something other people can read and learn from. Good idea to post it

Digitalwoodshop
11-14-2007, 11:49 PM
I found using the Cut List on the left side handy to select multi element images. Just click on them on the left not the drawing and use Control to add others to the select.

Good Luck,

AL