PDA

View Full Version : Error 236

DMiller
11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
When the machine starts it runs for about 2 seconds then stops. If you hit "Stop" the following message is displayed. "Motor RPM Sensor Fault, Error 236". If you "Enter" after the machine stops it restarts and continues with the job. What's it trying to tell me and what is the solution to the problem?

oldjoe
11-13-2007, 06:48 AM
This sounds simular to the Check Cut Motor problem that a lot of people have had. You might try a search on it that subject. There is no real problem that I am aware of other people that is all they do is just restart their machine and away it goes
Good Luck
Joe

Jeff_Birt
11-13-2007, 07:59 AM
DMiller,

The machine measures the speed of the cut motor and controls it to the RPM needed for the particular bit you are using. It does this by way a magnetic sensor placed on the 'snout' of the cut motor (where the flex shaft hooks up). The sensor is triggered by a magnet that is applied to the armature (shaft) of the cut motor. The magnet, which was held in place by heat shrink tubing, can come loose and cause the machine to stop as it is not getting the proper reading from the sensor. When you press 'Enter' to continue, your telling the machine that indeed the motor is working so go ahead and run.

You can check this by going to the sensor test menu: turn the machine on and press '0', and then '7'. Then use the arrow keys to scroll to the proper screen (I think it says RPM sensor). Raise the lid of the machine, and while looking at the display, rotate the chuck by hand. You should see the reading on the display changing. If it does not, the sensor or magnet is bad. You can call CW and talk to one of their techs if you have a problem and they will help you figure out the cause.