PDA

View Full Version : Information!

kennymill
11-12-2007, 10:25 AM
1st question: Making of a sled, If I make a bottom out of 3/4" x 12" wide and 12" long-the sides? do you have different height sides for different thicknesses of wood? How much clearance from the sides to the wood should I have? How do I attach the wood to be cut to the sled? Any particular type wood for the bottom of the sled so it grips best?

2nd question: When one is going to cut through the work piece of wood I guess you should use a sled to avoid cutting into the sanding belt?

I did seach the archives but could not find a clear answer for my questions. Excuse me for asking a question that has probably been asked many times. Now for me a photo of a sled would be most helpful as I am a visual person.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Kenny

Kenm810
11-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Hey Kenny,
1.Click on this post and thread to get you strated Sled? (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4812&highlight=sleds)
It's got lots of info and some photos, plus a lot of folks tape the project to the sled.
2. The machine carves between the traction belts and
the sled can be made of any wood or composition board as long as it's straight and flat.