PDA

View Full Version : head crank clutch

donkey
11-11-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm a new user of Compucarve. I have only carved one sign. Second attempt I encountered a problem where the machine did not sense the board was loaded. I cranked the head all the way up so I could access the inside for cleaning sensors. Now when trying to crank the head back down the clutch feature slips immediately allowing zero downward movement. I did not crank the head up beyond where it first felt like it stopped.

What now?:

Kenm810
11-11-2007, 10:14 AM
donkey,

Try this info from the manual

Jeff_Birt
11-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the forum. This is actually a somewhat common problem that CW covered in the users manual. If you look at the lead screws that raise/lower the head you'll see a small hole near the bottom. Insert a small allen wrench or something similar in the hole and rotate the lead screw a bit to lower the head. There is a good picture towards the back of users manual as well.

Don't forget you can use the forum's 'Search' feature to find answers to common problems as well.

pkunk
11-11-2007, 10:17 AM
pg. 37 of the owners manual.

swhitney
11-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Yep... locked up at the top.... you are screwed (not really...)

see page 24 of your manual under "VERTICAL LOCKUP"

basically there is a red decal near the bit plate which indicates a small hole in which to put an allen wrench, and rotate the screw mechanism clockwise releasing the lock mechanism, and crank down, then good to go!!

edit... wow, got beat to the starting line on that one (looks like I have a different manual than pkunk's, his must be for a MAC, needs more pages, hehe)

pkunk
11-11-2007, 10:18 AM
ya beat me by seconds Jeff, but I included a pic!:p

donkey
11-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks to all who responded. I won't be so quick to post questions next time. I will do a history search first. I sure appreciate all your help.
Donk