PDA

View Full Version : Help with cutting measurements

CustomWestCoast
11-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Just to let you know I am not brightest when it comes to cutting on a saw table. I have a piece of corain that I need to cut into 5 equal parts. The corian is 30 inches wide. My problem is that my table saw blade removes 1/8 inch of material on each cut. Could anyone tell me what I measurement I should set the fence to cut the corian into 5 equal parts. I tried setting it at 5 7/8 but the last piece came up 1/4 inch shorter than the previous 4 pieces that I cut.

MTB
11-10-2007, 01:32 PM
it sounds like your math is right. have you measured from the fence to your blade to see if it is the same as what your gauge reads... and you might try when measuring your working piece to start at the 1" mark to calibrate your tape measure... just remember to subtract 1" from your total measurement !!!

rjustice
11-10-2007, 03:58 PM
If you make them about another 1/16 smaller, you will have to barely skim your last piece. It may be off, simply from the blade wobbling slightly giving you a tiny bit wider saw curf cut than what you measured...

Ron

CustomWestCoast
11-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Just want to say thanks for all the help. I want to make sure I get the cuts right. Corian is too expensive to waste.