PDA

View Full Version : Sears supporting our Military

Bill
11-09-2007, 07:43 PM
How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

Read the full artical at Snops.com (http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp)

Bubbabear
11-09-2007, 07:48 PM
now i know another reason to support SEARS they support our troops

Digitalwoodshop
11-09-2007, 09:11 PM
They could teach K Mart some lessons in employee relations.....

AL

The Bard
11-09-2007, 11:17 PM
and Walmart.

I found out today that Walmart actually provides its employees information on government assistance because they pay them so little.

sad non? "Congratulations on your new job! here's some food stamps"

jspringertx
11-10-2007, 08:52 AM
and Walmart.

I found out today that Walmart actually provides its employees information on government assistance because they pay them so little.

sad non? "Congratulations on your new job! here's some food stamps"

Unfortunately that is too true. Thanks to WalMart and Sam's we had to close our office supply store in 88. They were selling paper less that we could buy it for.

It is great to find a company like CarveWright that cares about their customers and the people you talk to really know what they are talking about.

oldjoe
11-10-2007, 09:40 PM
The small town I live in Walmart has bought land but nobody in town really wants them to build, Geez I wonder why. I know I am guilty of shopping at one on my way home from work once in awhile but I try not to make it a habit.