PDA

View Full Version : Memory Cards for CarveWright System?

NW_Bulldog
11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Are there any other Memory Cards out there that are compatible with the CarveWright system. Looking to see if there are with more storage capacity.

-Jason

TCboy
11-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Jason, from my understanding the Carvewright System does not have any other memory cards that are compatible with it. The only size there is is the one that comes with your machine. I wondered the same thing. Contacted Carvewright and found that out.

pkunk
11-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Right, Atauer. We really don't need more memory to go from the computer to the shop/machine. I sometimes have so many projects on one card it's hard to find the one I want. As long as they're on the computer, just load as many as you can carve in a day & then once carved delete them. Then load some more.:)

jwhllh55
11-08-2007, 11:40 PM
I have three cards, each are marked for the different set of files. For example, my project are on the white dotted card. (Dots are painted on each card) The Red Dotted card are for paying projects. etc... This way I can keep track of the files needed. With two machines this is the best I can come up with. Like they say: It's works for me.. As I carve projects and reload new ones, I delete the completed files.
John's Wood Products
Baker City, OR

oldjoe
11-09-2007, 07:01 AM
I showed the card once to an IT at work and he rattled off some PC Jargon about what that card was then a bunch more on where you get them and it went in one ear and out the other, Sounded like he knew what he was talking about but he didn't understand who he was talking to,
"I am not smarter then a fifth grader.":p

Kenm810
11-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey oldjoe

Don’t feel bad, my Son-in Law dose the same thing to me at least once or twice a month,
He just got back from Germany. -- A couple of weeks ago,
IBM had sent him there to setup some kind of machine automation system,
When he got back; he was trying to tell me about it.
( Something like explaining the Theory of Relativity to a Bag of Hammers. ) http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

I use
Two Memory Card
Two Different Computers
One 200 gig external Hard drive on each for back ups
I lost a Large number of files and photos a while back-- http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif--Never again I hope