PDA

View Full Version : Custom Models / Sculptures from photos.

modelsculptor
11-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Dear all,

We are a company based in Hong Kong and would like to introduce to all members a custom sculpturing service for those jobs that are just too time consuming or hard to do with any CAD software.

We work with our customers from photos they send to us, to their exact specifications and output requirements. We can provide you with the 3D reliefs in STL or RLF, ART or Greyscale .PNG format so you can use with your favourite program or alternatively completely manufacture for you the model in a variety of materials, including metals.

We offer over 20 years of sculpturing experience, and work with many different materials, the most common material we use for our sculptures is clay. We then scan our sculptures with a high accuracy 3D Laser scanner with scanning ability down to 3 micron. The resulting STL data is then carefully cleaned and smoothed if necessary to give you the best possible results.

Some themes we work on include people, animals, pets, landscapes, buildings, natural scenes, religious, floral and so on.

Please take a look at some great clay models we have on our website www.modelsculptor.com you are welcome to make any special requests there via our enquiry form.

Thanks

Tom

Kenm810
11-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Welcome to the forum Tom,

I'm looking forward to digging into your site, while making a list of questions.

Thanks for the info

modelsculptor
11-08-2007, 07:05 AM
Hi Ken,

Thank you. You and everyone in the forum are most welcome to send us any special requests or questions we have about our work and services in general.

By the way, I forgot to mention we are also putting together another site with stock models at low prices. We have a very simple aim. To make a difference in the supply and sourcing of exceptional 3D models and help our clients to make a difference in their work.

Thanks

Tom

Kenm810
11-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks Tom,

You just answered my first Question http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Quote -- By the way, I forgot to mention we are also putting together another site with stock models at low prices

JOHNB
11-08-2007, 03:46 PM
WOW, absolutely beautiful designs. sure would love to see them in a ptn. format and competitively priced?

Lin
11-08-2007, 03:58 PM
If I read his post correctly...the files will be available in grayscale PNG format..correct?
This is just what we need for the CW if they aren't already in the PTN format...grayscale PNG will do.
Lin

newcarver
11-08-2007, 04:34 PM
what kind of price range are we looking at?

pkunk
11-08-2007, 05:09 PM
I wonder if you couldn't convert your STL files to a PTN? VectorArt3D files import as PTN but once in Designer's Favorites folder they are named as a STL. I assume James just converted his STL's to PTN.

modelsculptor
11-09-2007, 10:01 AM
I wonder if you couldn't convert your STL files to a PTN? VectorArt3D files import as PTN but once in Designer's Favorites folder they are named as a STL. I assume James just converted his STL's to PTN.

Hi,

We will be able to provide high quality PNG files.

Tom

modelsculptor
11-09-2007, 10:02 AM
what kind of price range are we looking at?

Hi Newcarver,

The prices we are looking at right now are betwen 25-50 US$ The Jesus sections of the cross for instance are going for $50 each or if you get the whole collection there is a 20% discount.

Thanks

Tom

modelsculptor
11-09-2007, 10:04 AM
If I read his post correctly...the files will be available in grayscale PNG format..correct?
This is just what we need for the CW if they aren't already in the PTN format...grayscale PNG will do.
Lin

Hi Lin,

Yes we can provide the models in greyscale PNG format. Already one of the other forum members has downloaded our sample STL piece converted it to PNG and had some really good feedback on the quality he got on CW.

Thanks

Tom

modelsculptor
11-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Hi Folks,

We wanted to make it easier for CW users to try one of our sample pieces so we have create a hi res greyscale PNG from one of our popular Jesus Stations of the cross reliefs.

Since this board doesn't allow for large images to be posted, I am also include a link below from our homepage where you can download the full size PNG.

Just visit our homepage www.modelsculptor.com scroll to the bottom, click on Jesus imagea and right click on the large image.

www.modelsculptor.com or click here to go there directly http://www.modelsculptor.com/images/stories/site_content/homepage/Jesus_Sample_CW_Users.png

Enjoy!

Tom

DON FIELDS
11-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Hi all,
I haven't posted anyything for awhile but I watch the forum everyday.
I have just ordered and received a model from ModelSculptor....Animal collection...Image 28 "Lion Head". The quality of this design is exceptional.
I received same in a e-mail with attachments in both "png and mpc" formats.
How is that for service.:D
I am glad to see all these companies that provide these models coming forth.
We,who cannot make our own designs are very pleased at the recent addition of all these companies.
So I also welcome ModelSculptor to the forum
Many thanks Tom

Don Fields

Lin
11-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Tom, Do yu have a price list of the models that you sell? A PDF file or something on that order for us to take a look at...?
Lin

modelsculptor
11-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Hi all,
I haven't posted anyything for awhile but I watch the forum everyday.
I have just ordered and received a model from ModelSculptor....Animal collection...Image 28 "Lion Head". The quality of this design is exceptional.
I received same in a e-mail with attachments in both "png and mpc" formats.
How is that for service.:D
I am glad to see all these companies that provide these models coming forth.
We,who cannot make our own designs are very pleased at the recent addition of all these companies.
So I also welcome ModelSculptor to the forum
Many thanks Tom

Don Fields

Don,

Once again thanks for the great comments you posted on the forum. We really appreciate you taking the time to post this. When I showed your email to our guys this morning, it made everyone's day a happy day and the nice words you posted worth a lot more than any money can buy, it boosted their enthusiasm to keep up the good work and gave them a great satisfaction.

Once you use the lion in your project it would be great if you could post images of the finished product.

Thank you

Tom Cheung
Model Sculptor Customer Services

modelsculptor
11-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Tom, Do yu have a price list of the models that you sell? A PDF file or something on that order for us to take a look at...?
Lin
Hi Lin,

The prices are between US$ 25-50 per model in our stock collection, and as a guideline we charge US$ 150 for custom orders which we can also use or US$ 300 for exclusive items. Human faces in general go for US$ 300 per face. For complex photos with humans or religious items we will usually give a quotation based on the job.

In all cases of custom orders we send a quotation within 24 hours.

We are building another site with stock items right now. You will be able to buy individual pieces or as a member you will be able to enjoy certain discounts, we are just trying to work out the general terms and conditions, and load the stock items on the site right now.

We will have more detailed pricing information on our website soon...

Many Thanks,

Tom Cheung.