PDA

View Full Version : Making a .ptn from .mpc??

Fireman Phil
11-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I have done a search for this answer and could not find any answers. When you design something with Designer, can you make that object a pattern? I thought I had read about this somewhere but can't find it.

Jeff_Birt
11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
The short answer: No.

The longer answer: A pattern file is basically an image rendered as a heightmap. That is, each pixels shade of gray is interpreted as height. An MPC file contains patterns, vector objects (lines, curves), the cutting bit associated with these objects, board information, etc. Designer takes all of this and renders an image on your screen. Now, this same information 'could' be rendered into a pattern file, but there is no utility to do so in Designer. The resulting pattern would only be cut with the pattern bit as only the 'shape' of the MPC would be rendered, the other data about other bits or vector objects would be lost.

Fireman Phil
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the response Jeff. Upon further looking I found the post submitted by Hank. I was just making some 2D figures with Designer and thought it would be easier to save them as a .ptn for further use on other projects. Maybe this option will be available on future upgrades.

-Phil