PDA

View Full Version : Textures.

oldjoe
11-05-2007, 11:52 AM
I am looking for a different texture and was wondering if one can be created as a pattern file are they the same type of files?? I know that I have seen some free ones called backrounds on one of the websites how are these done and can they be imported and put in the texture library? I know as of Sept of this year the answer is no. But just thought maybe things have changed.

Jeff_Birt
11-05-2007, 11:57 AM
It turns out that that the textures built into Designer are programatically generated. They are not a variation of patterns. (Thanks to jlitz for figuring that out). You can however create a texture pattern and apply the texture to the whole board, setting the clipping and merge styles appropriately.

Router-Jim
11-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I am looking for a different texture and was wondering if one can be created as a pattern file are they the same type of files?? I know that I have seen some free ones called backrounds on one of the websites how are these done and can they be imported and put in the texture library? I know as of Sept of this year the answer is no. But just thought maybe things have changed.

The background colors that are free at cavebuddy will download directly into the stain/finish file in the board setting portion of Designer.

liquidguitars
11-05-2007, 12:16 PM
programatically generated. They are not a variation of patterns. (Thanks to jlitz for figuring that out).

:p :rolleyes:

LG