PDA

View Full Version : Our Favorite Trouble Shooter is on the loose

Kenm810
11-05-2007, 06:22 AM
Hey folks,

I just wanted to let you know our Freind and Former LHR Technologies/Carvewright Employee is out and about, plus I'm welcoming him back and looking forward to his humor and input. So Kiddies you better play nice. (The Bard is watching) http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

IM2HAPPI
11-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the info Ken. Welcome back Chris. Missed ya M'Friend.

oldjoe
11-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Boy now we have to come up with some serious problems that we need answers to. WELCOME BACK

liquidguitars
11-05-2007, 12:32 PM
(The Bard is watching)

Ok is anyone watching the Bard :confused:

Welcome back old man..

LG

Digitalwoodshop
11-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Welcome Back !!!!

We missed you !!!!

AL

The Bard
11-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Um, thank you all. I have not been allowed to post since February. It is nice to come back for as long as I can. When I quit LHR, they immediately deleted my name on here... though I can't tell you why, exactly.

But now I'm here.

Granted I'm not an expert, but I'll be around if someone has a question. I can't promise I won't inject some fun into it (what got me in trouble last time) but I do promise to be as accurate as I can.

*spins Barb around*

Have fun!:p

Kenm810
11-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Welcome Back,

It's nice to see your mug --- I mean Avatar in the corner of my screen again. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif
Any way My question is, --Do you happen to know if anchoring the CC or CW to a bench helps in limiting the vibration in the machine,
or is better to just set it on a hard surface and let the machines own weight act as a motion dampener.
It seems that quite a few of the problems with it are caused by the machine being shaken by the action of the carving head.

Semper Fi
11-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Welcome back, Chris! Sorry you won't be responding to the service line anymore, but it's nice you've not forgotten us. Seems to be a pretty big turnover of the "old guard" down there......wonder why? :(

Ernie

The Bard
11-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Thank you all.

Actually, I heard there was a dampening material, like a pad, that is sold as hardware stores that really reduces vibration and noise when put under the Carvewright. I had several customers experiment with it and it worked wonders. Can't tell you what it is exactly, but it's pretty inexpensive.

If anyone finds out the exact name, post it. I think that bolting it down helps a little, but most vibration is caused by the motor and trucks. If your case is actually vibrating, that usually denotes a much more severe problem. By hand, when it's off of course hehe, see if trucks wiggle in place or if the Q/C wiggles. That is usually the problem.

but of course, i'm an idiot.

(note, any hands or digits lost during this operation are the sole responsibility of your local EMT)

Kenm810
11-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Duh,
Thanks for jogging my memory, we use it under our compressors.
They sell it at machine and big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Graingers, as well as at several Hardware stores.

Plus I was the idiot, (Vibration) two scerws loose on the "y" truck and one on the "Z" ---third time, no wonder the tip of the carving bit was acting like a clock pendulum. Also since someone mentioned it. My machine developed another hic-up.The cut motor started fireing up at random times before the carving processes began or after it's was done. It limited me to one bit carvings, I didn't want any surprises while changing bits in the middle of a carving. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Quote--(note, any hands or digits lost during this operation are the sole responsibility of your local EMT)

I'm waiting to get it back from Texan now.

(Neoprene Mounting Anti Vibration, Noise Deadening Pads and Pad Sheets)

Old Salt
11-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Keep the your humor coming . It can be a long winter with out it

The Bard
11-09-2007, 11:15 PM
LOL I'll try.

One note Ken,

Is the machine coming back from Texas After you found the issues? or are you having issues with a machine you have with you now?

Just a thought, any loose screws on the trucks have to come in for repair to LHR, they don't let people work (ie: Beg them not too as they often do more damage) on the trucks. Also, I mentioned in another thread about it coming on randomly it is often one of the cover switches. Do a switch check and see if it's noting open/closed. If so, then it may be an A/C cut motor switch.

Kenm810
11-10-2007, 09:35 AM
As soon as I found the loose screws this last time,
I wrote up a laundry list of the problems and called it in to LHR.
The Tech siad he would arrange a UPS pick up and to ship it in.
I boxed it up that after noon and it went out the next day.

I keep a short list of do's and don'ts near all the shop machines.

Number 3 on the list is, don't mess with, or even try to adjust eccentric nuts and bolts
unless you have the proper tools and Know what your doing.

So for now I'm just Twidling my thumbs till it gets here. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

The Bard
11-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Please give that note to all of the customers who call in about truck problems. I can't tell you how many "I fixed it" calls we get followed two days later with "there's something else wrong now" that is a direct result of the previous action. hehe

Bubbabear
12-15-2007, 02:13 PM
And now he is MIA again. ohhhhh Bard where are you :p

The Bard
12-21-2007, 03:48 PM
*flies in to save the day*

umm.. hi?

Kenm810
12-21-2007, 04:19 PM
umm.. hi

Glad to see Ya pop in,

My Machine left again for Lhr today,
seems it just can't get enough of that Texas hospitality.
We'll see how we do this trip. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Digitalwoodshop
12-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Both of my machines are up today.... O' joy the smell of fresh pine....

The Y right side gear/pulley started wobbling, had to replace it. The clip came off and it wore out. All better now.

AL

IM2HAPPI
01-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Where are you ??? Miss ya

The Bard
02-29-2008, 03:43 AM
*smiles at everyone*

*flies away*

luckettg
02-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Duh,
Thanks for jogging my memory, we use it under our compressors.
They sell it at machine and big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Graingers, as well as at several Hardware stores.

Plus I was the idiot, (Vibration) two scerws loose on the "y" truck and one on the "Z" ---third time, no wonder the tip of the carving bit was acting like a clock pendulum. Also since someone mentioned it. My machine developed another hic-up.The cut motor started fireing up at random times before the carving processes began or after it's was done. It limited me to one bit carvings, I didn't want any surprises while changing bits in the middle of a carving. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Quote--(note, any hands or digits lost during this operation are the sole responsibility of your local EMT)

I'm waiting to get it back from Texan now.

(Neoprene Mounting Anti Vibration, Noise Deadening Pads and Pad Sheets)

Ken, those pics look like the underlayment used on basement floors prior to putting down a laminate floor. Is this correct?
Thanks
Greg.

Kenm810
02-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi Greg,

The rubber and fabric pan material is actually 1/2" and 3/4" thick.
I've not used the underlayment material that you mentioned
so I can really answer if it is or isn't like it. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif