PDA

View Full Version : stops carving mid way through - carves the air

rjones777
11-02-2007, 09:37 AM
So my CW thinks it's carving the whole design, but it's only carving about a third of the design.

Everything works great until mid way through the carving and then the carving bit begins to raise tapering off the design and then after about 1/4" of tapering the bit finishes "carving" about 1/4" above the wood.

any ideas?

Digitalwoodshop
11-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Welcome !!!

If you are using a short board that does not have 3.5 inches of extra wood on each end so the rollers can hold it down that is your trouble. The rollers must hold the wood flat to the sand paper belts. With short wood the end that gets inside the roller to head area can pop up and cause errors.

If that is not the case call LHR. 1-800-573-1226.

Look at the Carrier board posts I have made for more economical use of wood.

AL

treebeard
11-08-2007, 06:02 PM
My machine just started doing the same sort of nonsense. Only mine started out just barely touching the board and after about ten minutes was air carving. I tried reloading the project and now my system goes straight to the accessory menue and won't go anywhere else.

treebeard
11-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Ok, got things going again. Had to go into the user's options menue and reset the sensor from Z-truck to cover. Everything worked fine after that. Check you system and see what it is set to.

Treebeard

The Bard
11-09-2007, 02:16 PM
If your machine has the new version of the Z motor pack, you'll need to correct that before running it.

A. Turn on the machine
B. Hit 0 (options)
C. Hit 5 (user options)
D. Hit 3 (can't remember this name hehe)
E. Make sure it says "cover" and not "z truck".

That's only for people who have the new Z motor packs.

I know you've already done that, but it might help others who are confused.

dench
11-11-2007, 10:32 AM
hey bard is that you welcome back we have mist you dench

The Bard
11-11-2007, 02:34 PM
I'll be here till i'm told not to again.

rjones777
11-12-2007, 06:21 PM
:confused:

So attached is a photo of what I was getting. now It only carves about 1".... not even worth taking a photo of. I tryed to do what you all said switching the z motor to cover, but I don't have that option. I can go to options, but my #5 is "jog to position (on/off)".

I got the CW in March from sears. it has a little over 23 hours on it. I have cleaned everything I can see, and lubed the flex shaft, wheels and rails as they sugested in the manual.

I called and left a message at both the 1-800 # and the # listed on the contacts page.

What now?

JOHNB
11-12-2007, 08:34 PM
if your board is straight, flat, square, damn near perfect, and everything tight, then it's the z-motor....send it back to lhr for the upgrade, or talk them into sending you the old-style motor and do a simple switch.