PDA

View Full Version : Machine asking for multiple bits

TCboy
10-30-2007, 04:38 PM
anyone having problems with the machine asking for different bits. i got a pattern that uses multiple bits and at the beginning of the project it asks me for each individual bit. Is this normal operation? will the machine do this every time if i got multiple bits?

Jeff_Birt
10-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Ataure,

I move your post to its own thread as your question had nothing to do with the thread you posted it. FYI, that is called 'hi-jacking' a thread and is discouraged. Please start a new thread for unrelated questions.

Now, as for your question. If your project uses multiple bits you will be prompted for them at the beginning of the project. The machine will measure each bit and then start carving. While carving, when you get to the section of the project requiring a different bit it will ask you to insert it then.

TCboy
10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
jeff, it is asking for each bit before carving even starts not when it gets to that particular section. is this normal?

Skyhawk
10-30-2007, 05:33 PM
jeff, it is asking for each bit before carving even starts not when it gets to that particular section. is this normal?

Yes, this is normal, and ensures that you have the correct bits before the carving actually starts!