PDA

View Full Version : Machine can't measure depth

dongear@earthlink.net
10-27-2007, 12:37 PM
My machine was working perfectly this morning, making three different carvings.
It was cleaned using the vacuum and compressed air after each carving. I went to lunch, giving it a break, but when I returned she won't work.

The board is locked in, everything seems fine until it attempts to flip the lever out to allow the bit to touch down. It won't rotate the lever enough to allow contact. The area seems clear, and the lever can be rotated by hand.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Don

Jeff_Birt
10-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Don this is a very common problem. There is a PDF in the top thread of the troubleshooting section that covers many things to looks for. A quick search for 'bit plate' will likely turn up lots of other helpful hints as well.

dongear@earthlink.net
10-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Jeff,

Thanks so much. I have the pdf file in hand now. I even now know what the little doo dad is called. Thanks.

Don

Jeff_Birt
10-27-2007, 02:03 PM
No problem Don. I would really help if CW would release an exploded view diagram. That way when we have questions, we can figure out what things are called. (It would makeing searching for answers a lot easier too ;) ).

Digitalwoodshop
10-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Blowing the air could have pushed the Motor cable in the back right out of position. It goes from the Right cover Switch to the Cut Motor. It it gets out of position the Z Pack motor cooling fins in the back hit the cable preventing the Y from getting to the Bit Flag.

Push it up against the right side and streamline down into the motor junction box.

Good Luck,

AL