PDA

View Full Version : new upgrade ???

oldjoe
10-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Now it don't take much but I am confused. My Z axis just went down called LHR have the new version on its way. I also received an email with the upgrade code to unlock the new software. I thought I would have to go online and download it. So this is another thing hidden in the 1.2 ? And what else do they have hidden in there? Or do I have it all wrong and I do have to go online to down load it??

forqnc
10-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Is this not the mod for the 14 pin plug instead of the 16 pin, which needs ver. 1.121?

oldjoe
10-25-2007, 11:52 AM
yes I believe so. Supposedly it is better for the machine but I don't know why. Maybe Jeff or someone with much greater knowledge then myself will jump in with the anwsers to those questions.

10-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I also recieved the modification from LHR for my machine a month or so ago. I recieved an e-mail with firmware v. 1.121 in it. I was told not to format the card after using the new firmware until software version 1.122 comes out. I am still waiting for 1.122 to come out, but still now upgrade.

oldjoe
10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Does that mean you can't use the machine until then?

Digitalwoodshop
10-25-2007, 08:18 PM
SO the issue is Formatting the card with 1.121 if I decipher this issue you are having.

1.121 works great just don't format the card. I think I read someone else had a problem and formatted the card. They had to load 1.120 then 1.121 I believe.

Speaking of Believing.... I don't believe in formatting the card until there is a problem. A Hard Drive or Magnetic Media yes.... But a solid State memory card? Not necessary in my opinion.

What they are saying if I understand it correctly is after 1.122 you can again format the card any time you feel the need.

AL

oldjoe
10-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Okay I just spoke to LHR and they told me since I have the new Z pack I have to unlock the 1.121 version of my software in my designer and then I DO have to format my card with it which only makes sence since the machine will need to know the new information on the new Z pack,
I think. Am I thinking correctly?

TCboy
10-26-2007, 11:37 AM
yeah ur right old joe. if you have the new z motor pack then you gotta update ur firmware to the 121. there's apparently something different goin on with that and apparently it will work. Don't know what changed......

oldjoe
10-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Your right something did change altough I think the new version is taylored for the scanning probe it is suppose to be easier on the machine again I am not sure why or how it works. Fewer wires running from the Z motor to the circuit board the it plugs into. One tip when I received the new Z pack the circuit board on the motor was loose so I had to tighten it.

10-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I was the one who had the formatting issue earlier on. I was told not to format the card with the new firmware on it, until I could upgrade to the new software version. I believe that the problem with not formatting occassionally, is that constant deleting leaves fragments on the card or drive and eventually this makes for errors on the card. This is for windows, I am not sure of how the mac works.

pkunk
10-26-2007, 06:08 PM
I believe that the problem with not formatting occassionally, is that constant deleting leaves fragments on the card or drive and eventually this makes for errors on the card. This is for windows, I am not sure of how the mac works.

I interchange cards between my Mac and Windows regularly and delete them or reformat often. not had a problem in 2 yrs.

oldjoe
10-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Its late and now I am confused again got Lindy all together with the Z pack and I was ready to try it. So fired up the computer printed the Email I received from CW with the serial number on it follow the instructions in the email Opened Designer click on help selected Enter upgrade code choose option (1) entered all the information. Computer connected to the internet went to the CW website and a little box popped up Thank You for registering your product. And that was it. Now I have to call CW in the morning to find out what is up with that. My designer software still comes up when opened 1.12. Did I miss something?

Mikewiz
10-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey old joe,

Try option 3, which sould be over the phone. When I got my new cumputer I have to get a new code for centerline and I did option one and got the same result. I called cw and the said to use the phone option, and that worked. Maybe it will work for your situation. Hope this helps.

Mikewiz

oldjoe
10-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Exactly what I did this morning. They emailed me a link that gave me a download but it only flashes the card. Nothing about designer. Followed the instructions and now I just put the card in the machine to test it and all I get is Scan area, so far no luck getting past this issue. Have to do a search to see what the cure for this will be.

oldjoe
10-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Okay back on line read or made it up went in to user options 5 went to scanner and switch Z truck to Cover. Works now can't explain the how why or even if thats what did it but Lindy is ready to use KNOCK ON WOOD.