PDA

View Full Version : Locating multiple objects

Baron Richard
10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
When I create a layout that has several pieces with a common center, is there a way to get the designer to show the offset of either just the center, or the outermost object to I can actually see the numbers? I am trying to co-locate objects on the reverse of the board and have been getting only sporatic success.

As you can see from the attached design file, the back of the box lid has a rabbit to fit in the excavated bottom, but I have been having problems getting the front and back to align properly. doing it visully has been very hit or miss, and moving the objects a little, de-selecting all the object and then selecting just the outermost object to see if the constraints are close is extreamly time consuming. In this case the outer area of the front and the back are the same, but not when I want to center a pattern object.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dan-Woodman
10-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Try using your grid lines under (view) then you can attach your centers or lines to the grid.

ronk
11-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Rich,

Along with the grid lines, I start in the center of the board, aligning everything to the center. Then (for locating purposes only) with the drill tool, I drill a 1/8" hole through the board from the front and back. Then remove the aligning and locate the front where you want it. The drill hole will move with it. Go to the reverse side and do the same thing. Align the drill holes on top of each other and along with the grid lines you should be there. Remember to remove the drill holes before carving. Hope this is some help.

Ron

Digitalwoodshop
11-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Ronk beat me to the punch but the grid and drill function are great for the back side alignment trick.

Did the 2 sided bear cut out with house numbers with it.

AL