PDA

View Full Version : Machine head crank not ratcheting.

Robin Fellows
10-18-2007, 08:25 PM
When the head crank handle is turned so the head is seated on the project it will lower but will not ratchet. It will allow me to torque down on the head litrally as much as I want to. I've lubricated everything I can find. I've pulled the bottom cover and cleaned around the gears. I'm not exactly sure which part contains the ratcheting assembly. I've gone to the manual and so far have not found a cure. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks,
Robin

Kenm810
10-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Robin,

I did a quick search and found this under Crank Lube And Crank Handle. ---Quite a few posts

Quote -- I've lost my clutch action on the elevation control. Got it back using a little white grease on the pinion gear and removing the crank and using a little light lube there.) Now the clutch works fine.

ps. Mine is doing the opposite right now -- it starts ratcheting before it gets to the board surface -- will be lubeing it in the morning.

Robin Fellows
10-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Robin,

I did a quick search and found this under Crank Lube And Crank Handle. ---Quite a few posts

Quote -- I've lost my clutch action on the elevation control. Got it back using a little white grease on the pinion gear and removing the crank and using a little light lube there.) Now the clutch works fine.

ps. Mine is doing the opposite right now -- it starts ratcheting before it gets to the board surface -- will be lubeing it in the morning.

That did the trick. Thanks for your time....

Thanks,
Robin

Digitalwoodshop
10-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Could be the Salt Air.... You will need to be extra careful not to leave a bit in the machine as the metal to metal could rust and seize up.

Good Luck,

AL