PDA

View Full Version : my machine is stuck in scan

tat2d1
10-18-2007, 06:41 PM
my machine is stuck in the accesory menu. I talked to lhr they told me I needed a new z axis bundle. So I put one in and it does the same thing my version is 1.12 any help would be great

Digitalwoodshop
10-18-2007, 07:10 PM
If I understand you correctly, you now have the new Z Bundle installed? I believe this is true as that is the symptom of still having 1.120 loaded on your card and having the new Z bundle is getting the menu "SCAN AREA" and nothing else. Follow the instructions to load 1.121 that now gives you a fork in the road to chose the old Z or the new Z Bundle way of connecting your probe. Just follow the instructions that I posted in the Troubleshooting about the new Z bundle.

Once you load 1.121 you need to follow the instructions to select cover vice Z Truck for the Probe.

AL

tat2d1
10-18-2007, 07:17 PM
I dont have a probe the bundle I installed was exactly the same as the one I took out

tat2d1
10-18-2007, 07:19 PM
When I go into the menu I dont have that option otion 5 in my menu is jog on\off

Jeff_Birt
10-18-2007, 07:47 PM
If you have the new Z bundle you MUST upgrade your firmware to 1.121.

Digitalwoodshop
10-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Even if you don't think you have the new bundle upgrade to the 1.121. If your board has WINGS then you have the new Bundle and must upgrade to 1.121.

AL

tat2d1
10-18-2007, 09:50 PM
thank you, how do i go about getting the upgrade?

Jeff_Birt
10-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Download it from here:

http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/cw_fw_1_121.mwm

oldjoe
10-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Al
What! Do you have a CW spare parts warehouse at your shop? seems like everytime someone on this forum has a mechanical issue where their machine you come to the rescue with pictures with circles and arrows and there always seems to be two of them one good one bad. Keep up the great work.

Digitalwoodshop
10-19-2007, 12:49 PM
I am in it for the long haul. Any spare parts are a good thing. I just like to take pictures of the good and bad parts for future reference and to aid in helping others.

I ordered the 16 pin Z cable a week before it failed.... Just thought it looked bad... But they sent the wrong cable twice so I opted to get the Z Bundle the 3rd time.

I just love this kind of stuff.... In the middle of making a 5 station Jeopardy game for a Training Department to quiz the students.

AL

The sixth box is for the instructor to start the timer and the 6th light is to signal ready.

Kenm810
10-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Hey Al Neat project,

Plus I really have to agree with you (Quote-I just love this kind of stuff...)
Work and fun together --- Wow.

mtylerfl
10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Al,

That's a really cool project! They are gonna really enjoy that!

oldjoe
10-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Boy Al the ingenuity you have. All those buttons to put together and make them work then you have to connect the wires and it will work to when you are done. Hence the name digitalworkshop.
My motto get it white /orange and beat, repeat if necessary. But someone has to do it

Digitalwoodshop
10-19-2007, 07:53 PM
And all this and getting ready for a show in the morning... Should have shipped the game today but looks like Monday... They want it for Next Friday's class. The trick is that the first light lights and then no others....

I cheated slightly... Bought the $100.00 kit with the circuit board. I remember seeing the circuit in the late 70's in a Electronic Mag that I still have packed away in my Electronic stuff from my Move from San Diego... http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=C6419

Searched on line and found the kit now it's just interfacing it through optical couplers that drive Transistors that then drive a Relay switching on the 115V AC lights. I opened electronic tool and part boxes from the basement that have not seen the light of day since 1984..... I had built a Electronic Roulette wheel then for the Fire Company Fairs. Brother helped, doing all the engraving.

Hear I go hijacking another Thread..... That's back when I had hair....

Back to work.

A Photo from the Way Back Machine, a Electronic Roulette wheel and me 1984.

I actually went and stole the optical couplers from this game as I had used them to link the basic 10 light game to the main display and the betting boards that were also lit. Radio Shack is a whole different place today then in the 80's when they had all the parts to make this game in stock..... This game is retired to my closet.

AL

Some would say this is my Mid Life......

m439798765432
10-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Al
A geek catolog and source is jameco, it has everything like the old radio shack! In put jameco in your search, the also have a catalog for robotics.
Mike

Kenm810
10-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Mike,
Thanks for the site, I really miss the old electronic stores. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

Source: Jameco Electronics

Jameco's New Quarterly Catalog Offers More New Products From Major Manufacturers
Monday July 23, 12:00 pm ET
BELMONT, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jameco's latest catalog features thousands more semiconductor, passive, interconnect and electromechanical products. The company just added more than 10,000 devices from major name-brand manufacturers including Allegro, Altera, Amp, Analog Devices, Astec, Bussman, Cherry, Chicago Miniature, Cinch, Dialight, Linear Technology, Littelfuse and Switchcraft.

Jameco Electronics - Contact Information

Title

Jameco Electronics

Description:
Components and computer products including integrated circuits, discrete components, and computer peripherals; online inventory.

Website
Jameco Electronics (http://www.jameco.com/) [ http://www.jameco.com/ ]

Digitalwoodshop
10-21-2007, 08:42 PM
I have had the Jameco Catalog from the 80's.... I even found a Lafayette Electronics Catalog from the 70's.... I will request a catalog. The thing about Radio Shack is if they are out of stock in a store they will ship it to you free if you order it from a store and pay for it. They hate losing business.

I take it that the machine is now happily cutting away since no more posts.

Good Deal.... A Warm Cut Motor is a Happy Carve Machine....

AL

Gman_Ind
02-19-2008, 10:41 AM
This is an old thread but I wanted to share a couple great places to get electronics, Mouser has everything, and I can heat my house with all of the catalogs they send, they are thick as phone books. their web site is easy to search.
More pinball oriented but great service is Great plains Electronics. http://www.greatplainselectronics.com/

Jeff
02-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Just received my recon system (beta tester). Upgraded designer software, upgraded to 1.126 firmware version. Now, system is coming up in accessory menu, scan area. Can't get out of it. I've tried to downgrade to 1.121 firmware per this thread, formatted card. No luck.

I give up! Any ideas? And, from what I can tell, I'll be old and grey by the time I get a return call from LHR... (I've already left four messages for the myriad of problems I've had today...)

Jeff

mtylerfl
02-21-2008, 03:34 PM
After you put your card in the machine, turn the machine on. It should say “Scan Area”. Press “0”. Scroll down to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of Z truck.

Jeff
02-21-2008, 03:37 PM
After you put your card in the machine, turn the machine on. It should say “Scan Area”. Press “0”. Scroll down to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of Z truck.

You are AWESOME!!! Thank you!!! Jeff