PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranty......????

TurkeyBranch
10-17-2007, 08:01 PM
I would like to see us have the option to purchase an extended warranty for at least another year/400 hours total, maybe one for 3 years/600 hours total. I figure they should run about $200.00 and $400.00 respectively.

I would think you would find lots of your customers interested in this type plan, so how about it?

Anyone else think this is a good idea? :rolleyes:

Ed

CustomWestCoast
10-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Sears CompuCarve already offers a 5 year extended warranty for their machines.

Digitalwoodshop
10-18-2007, 12:41 AM
I paid for the 5 year warranty but it has been posted many times that most people got "Oops" letters saying it was sold incorrectly and got there money back. I never got one but I believe it is worthless... Paid something like $40.00 for it.... It's been beat like a dead horse around April. Posters talking about Lawyers and a lot of huffing and puffing but in the end it is simply a 200 hour 1 year warranty. I even checked and the units sold on eBay have NO Warranty with LHR. I am thinking of getting a 3rd unit.

The warranty is for the FIRST OWNER purchasing it. Further transfer after the sale will result in LHR "Most Likely" not honoring the 200 / 1 Year to the new owner. It is most likely on a case by case situation.

Working with SONY at the Service Center and second owners were not covered from the few cases I worked with fixing Play Station 2's. The warranty did not transfer.

I have no problem sending LHR money for parts and parts support on my 460 hour unit. It has served me well and I expect it will for a very long time to come. It is a Very Well Engineered product. I also worked for 4 years with Sony starting in 1995 making 17 inch Picture Tubes. The equipment was NEW, I watched it being installed and in my area of responsibility I lead a team of guys breaking down the parts books and ordering spare parts from Japan before we needed them. Did pretty good, the Conveyor Reduction Gear Bearings were the first to fail before the parts came in. I personally rebuilt a dozen with new bearings and they held until the replacement units showed up. NEW High Tech Equipment WILL FAIL in some way, it is the nature of the beast. In my Navy days fixing New Radar and Computer Weapons Fire Control Systems, Parts fail. User Error is sometimes the problem. A perfect example at Sony was the high failure of the NEW Air Control Valves that the PLC or Program Logic Control Computer would operate moving the Picture Tubes around. Failure Analysis found the common failure.... Contamination by Teflon Tape pieces. Turned out that Maintenance Technicians like myself replacing threaded air fittings would wrap the tape too close to the tip of the threads. The pieces would break off and travel the pipe system after the filter and find the first valve to jam it's self into.

Training classes addressing the problem WE were causing fixed the high failure rate.

OK.... OFF my Soap Box.... It's 2AM and I just finished painting the last clock for Saturday's show. My Carve Machine has been running for 14 hours today without a single problem.

This is Wishful thinking from a new owner on his second post.

Not going to happen.

I am the lone voter for "Like it as it is...." You Can't fight City Hall... They need to make enough money to come out with a 48 inch wide unit..... At least I hope they do someday.

Sorry,

AL