PDA

View Full Version : Power Failure Recovery

Bill Hightower
10-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I just had a short power failure while my machine was running. Unfortunately, it was about 2 hours into a 3 hour project. I am afraid I know the answer to this question but is there any way to start at a location of a carving other than the beginning? Without removing the piece of wood, I started the carving over and it is following the previous cut exactly so all I have lost is time.

Bill

Jeff_Birt
10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
What you can do is open the project up in Designer and use the rectangle tool to draw a rectangle over the area that was already carved. Then make this rectangle a carve region with a depth of 0.0". This has the effect of filling in the area that was already carved. When you start the project the machine will park the head to the front (key pad) side of the machine and count through the percentage done as it does nothing on the area you covered up. When it gets to the area that was left uncovered the head will move out and start carving.

Digitalwoodshop
10-17-2007, 12:27 PM
If you get into a habit using a repeatable starting position your in luck. If you jog to position then not so lucky.

I use either center on board or end of board for my starting position. The other day I grabbed the wrong artwork for my clock I was cutting and the outside circle was too shallow. I had gone to a deeper circle.

What I was able to do is go back to the original artwork and rename it Fix. I then deleted everything that was good, the text and Bear. I left the circle. Uploaded it to the card and ran the Fix file and I ended up with a good clock.

Works the same way with a power failure. You can do a fix file with the stuff still needed to be cut or you can just run the whole thing.

The recovery really depends on what you used for a starting point or if you use jog, how lucky you are. As Clint would say at a time like this... "Do you feel Lucky?"

Good Luck,

AL

Just saw Jeff's fix.... I LIKE IT.... You might need to cover the carved area with masking tape or the drop off in depth of the carved area will fool the board detector into thinking it's the end of the board or the side of the board and ask you to scale the work.... Masking tape is your friend.

Bill Hightower
10-18-2007, 06:46 AM
You guys are great. Thanks for all the help. Don't know what I would do without you.

Bill