PDA

View Full Version : Using Location center

Digitalwoodshop
10-17-2007, 09:49 AM
I learned something new today worth passing on. A fellow forum member made some artwork but was not able to copy and paste it to make duplicates. I played with it and gave up. Then while loading a new piece of wood in my machine I had a thought and revisited the problem.....

What I found was the items were all placed on the wood using the Location and Center Horizontally and Vertically function. That is why if I selected a individual element or the whole thing I could not move it. What I found for the fix was to call up each individual element then select Location and Center. Then look at the box to the left of Horizontal and Vertical and if it is blue it is locked. Click on the blue to turn it white and it is now unlocked. Do this for every element and your good to go.

Did find that it was a 2 sides artwork and using select all copy and paste that the bottom did not copy and paste.

This may be common knowledge but was new to me.

AL

liquidguitars
10-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Also if you are to copy one pattern from a MPC into a new MPC project, its best to keep all your projects loaded "running" in designer if not, the object will not paste into the new project.

LG