PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Designer?

enewbold
10-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Is it possible to purchase just the Designer software package without buying the probe? I just got my machine in, but don't have funds avilable right now for the addition of the probe.

Thanks,
Ed in Columbus, OH

Jeff_Birt
10-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Designer is the free software that comes with the machine. I think your meaning the CarveWright Pattern Editor which is a feature of the program that gets unlocked when you purchase a probe. I don't think they sell the software separately but you could call and ask.

JOHNB
10-16-2007, 07:18 PM
If You Cant Buy The Probe(like Me), Use Jeff's Cbpe To Export A Patern Into Paint.net To Be Worked On.

enewbold
10-17-2007, 12:28 PM
If You Cant Buy The Probe(like Me), Use Jeff's Cbpe To Export A Patern Into Paint.net To Be Worked On.Thanks very much for the advice.

I have downloaded a copy of the CarveWright "Project Designer" and am testing it out; however, I can load into it a .ptn file of my own because I can't seem to locate the place on the drive where the .ptn libraries are stored. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ed in Columbus, OH

enewbold
10-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I have downloaded a copy of the CarveWright "Project Designer" and am testing it out; however, I can load into it a .ptn file of my own because I can't seem to locate the place on the drive where the .ptn libraries are stored.Well, I just answered part of my previous question about the .ptn libraries. I still didn't find them area on the hard drive where they're stored, but I managed to learn how to import/export ptn files into the libraries, thank to the free video I was directed to by a previous message in this forum!

Cheers,
Ed in Columbus, OH

Jeff_Birt
10-17-2007, 12:47 PM
To create a pattern from an image use File->Import Image. To import an existing pattern (*.ptn) open up the pattern library (shell Icon), right click on Favorites and then click Import.